You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-10 8:27 pm

wesus99

A little help on installation, please?

Hey, did a quick search and saw no immediate dupes in forum.  Just going through install instructions for stopforumspam on mediawiki.  There is a localsettings.php setting under config instructions that i should use $wgSFSIPListLocation command.  I am assuming that this means i need add a location qualifier to that statement, download a zipped ip list, extract it to there, update it regularly...  first of all wanted to make sure my understanding was correct.  Secondly, I thought I saw someone here to download ip lists and wasn't 100% sure of what to choose.  Also, wanted to see if there was a bypass to send it to a location that is regularly updated such that i don't have to constantly make that update manually.  Still working on a tiny site with no spam issues as of yet, but trying to plan ahead and have this stuff thought through.  Anyways, thanks!

#2 2022-08-10 9:01 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: A little help on installation, please?

Hi wesus99, welcome to SFS.

Our sole job here is to build the database of spammers. Using that database is left entirely to various plugins for various forums. That means that, in general, you find the forum and/or wiki for your forum SFS-plugin & ask them for assistance.

Good luck!

#3 2022-08-18 12:10 am

wesus99

Re: A little help on installation, please?

Got it!  Keep up the good work then...

Board footer