You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-05 9:23 pm

NeoFox
Website

so life happened

i'm back online now with a real real cheap HP wally world laptop. lost my domain and everything else. don't even have the HP code for my 3 previous domains. sure i can rewrite and figure out that little nest again.

but i'm back, still alive, and breathing, and 40 years old now. sheesh! lol smile

#2 2022-04-05 10:11 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: so life happened

Well done!

You will find these forums to now be very quiet indeed. Very little happening, apart from the odd geezer turning 40.

#3 2022-04-05 11:25 pm

NeoFox
Website

Cool beans. Hoping to get back up and running asap. Got lots of plans and ehh somewhat decent amount of time to do it lol. Snagged a job in fast food but it's a morning opener shift and I leave right after the lunch rush so I can't complain. Managed to get a job during/after covid or whatever so no complaints here lol.

#4 2022-04-08 9:25 pm

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

you lost your domains?  is there anything but a "buy this domain now" replacement?  I find those usually drop their temp registration fairly quick as they're nothing but scammy registrars

#5 2022-04-08 11:08 pm

NeoFox
Website

I did a single lookup I can't remember if it was godaddy or another. For tuxug.com they wanted a grand. Hell no lol. Their mascot image was a green and orange frog I don't remember which service. I've moved on to a new domain and working and getting all of it back up. Trying hard to remember the single file bot lookups for my HP. I'm going with Debian this go around and I've found over ubuntu there's already two things I have to do differently. But it's all good. Hope to be backup with my HPs quickly. smile

For one reason or another I already get about 200 views on rando (bot?) traffic daily already to the domain and it's just got a homepage and a nice little background image haha. Not sure if someone else owned the domain previously. yikes

Edit: so most likely I'll just do like I did previously and continue with the footer link to the bot domain. For some reason /door on my last domain was like 20% ish of the traffic I had to /china (for bot HPs) lol. Hoping that trend will continue!

Last edited by NeoFox (2022-04-08 11:11 pm)

Board footer