You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-03 6:03 pm

Sajal

Removal Request: IP address are blacklisted

Hello Team,
I am writing this email in hopes of reaching someone in your security/networking department. One of our customers have complained that they are not able to reach SAP website via our company’s service at China location.
As a company, we provide a hosted web filtering and security solutions. As part of the debugging process, we noticed that the outbound IP address for one of our nodes is being blocked from your CDN.
Would it be possible to open a dialogue to lift this ban. If there is something we need to address I would be more than happy to look at it.

Note: It is possible that you are seeing a large volume of traffic from our IP address. This is not uncommon as we may have up to 50k+ users behind a single node.
Blocked Ip address: 58.220.95.114, 58.220.95.116
Please whitelist the above mentioned Zscaler IP addresses at your end.

#2 2022-02-03 8:35 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: Removal Request: IP address are blacklisted

Welcome to StopForumSpam (SFS).

We never whitelist IP addresses.

A request may be made for an IP address to be removed from our dB at the Removal Link.

Sajal wrote:

As part of the debugging process, we noticed that the outbound IP address for one of our nodes is being blocked from your CDN

SFS never blocks anyone, so that statement is incorrect.

We maintain a dB of IP + email addresses + usernames of those reported to have spammed forums. Forum webmasters interrogate that DB and use it to block users that appear within the dB. It is the forum, website webmasters that report spammers to the dB, and the same that block users, not ourselves. You will perhaps understand that there is an important difference between this process, and the one that perhaps you thought was happening.

Once again, SFS simply never, ever blocks anyone from visiting any website. It is the website / forum operator that does that, after interrogating the dB that we maintain, but that they populate.

You can easily search on our system for any IP address within our dB as follows (or use the Search link):

You may notice that the email addresses employed in both of these spam blocks are "toxic" (all accesses from visitors using *any* username on such email domains are blocked). As such, the webmaster blocks may not come from the IP-address used by a vistor, but rather from the email-address. These email addresses will never be unblocked, since they have proven to be toxic on all usernames within the domain.

Finally, to remind yourself that the problem does not come from our end, but rather from the combination of your users (those who spam forum sites) and the forums / websites that are blocking your users. We only host a database of users reported to have spammed forums. Pervasive spammers will never be removed from our DB, but an IP that has been reported just once with zero evidence will certainly be removed (see the link at top).

#3 2022-02-03 9:51 pm

Sajal

Hi Alex,

I have tried with the Removal link which you have attached but it seems it does not allow me to submit it as my IP address is not in your database.

And that user's email address does not belong to our org as well.

#4 2022-02-04 2:19 am

Alex Kemp
Website

it does not allow me to submit it as my IP address is not in your database

Yes. By default it picks up the IP you are visiting on, but you can actually submit a different IP. Did you bother to read the bullet points below the top-line? As an example, the following one:

• If you are a network administrator responsible for an IP that is currently on our list, please enter the IP address you wish to remove in the form below

Like most folks you have never used this unique form before. Therefore, we give detailed instructions. It truly is not our fault if you are incapable of reading, then following, simple instructions.

PS
I was unsure, but did not assume, that the email address was one of yours. I was simply pointing out that there is every chance that your IPs are simple collateral damage in this drive-by spamming attack. We actually advise webmasters not to refuse access only on IPs from our dB; the email address is far more of an indication.

#5 2022-02-05 2:19 am

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Why would someone on your specific network in India be requesting the removal of a ChinaNet IP in China?  Creating a VPN into china seems just a little weird to me.

zscaler is welcome to reach out and have their network addresses removed.

btw no IP address will EVER be whitelisted

Board footer