You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-14 1:43 am

Captain_Bigzy

Friend cant sign up to forum after activating Stop Forum Spam?

Hello, i recently started work on a forum and we had some spam accounts trying to join our forum so after a few days of this i thought time to get something in place to help prevent these, after looking around I found Stop Forum Spam but then realised its built into MYBB already so I activated it and when my friend tried to join it says he's banned despite him never even being banned from a forum before, is there a way to fix this issue without completely disabling Stop Forum Spam?

Any help appreciated!

#2 2021-04-14 2:17 am

NeoFox
Website

Re: Friend cant sign up to forum after activating Stop Forum Spam?

Got to start with the basics man. Either IP or email address use the Search function. You can grab that from the forum software. My best initial guess was that they're connecting through a VPN or a TOR and so that is the block.

Lots and lots of places are starting to auto-deny VPN and tor exists now as the traffic is becoming more anonymous and used as evenly as mainstream.

Last edited by NeoFox (2021-04-14 2:18 am)

#3 2021-04-14 3:37 pm

Captain_Bigzy

Its a new forum no sign of any of his details being banned.  I disabled the Stop Forum Spam and bam hes in no issues.

He doesnt use VPN either so wasnt that, i planned to use this instead of another thing i used before called cleantalk might just go with that as that seemed to work very well.

#4 2021-04-14 6:07 pm

NeoFox
Website

Well that is odd. There should always be logs everywhere of everything. I would seriously double check your setup and settings on things.

Last edited by NeoFox (2021-04-14 6:10 pm)

#5 2021-04-15 2:43 am

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

turn off username checks, and PM me with more details about him and I can check it out

Board footer