You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-22 8:14 am

thmtht1612
Banned

How can we contribute to this list? I had the solution

I really apprecate your site here and would be happy to give you the info on the spammers that register on my site, if you want it.  Many of them you already have listed, although they sometimes use a different username on my site or something like that. If something doesn't look right, I don't activate it.  Anyway, if you want more contributions, please let me know how to go about sending you the info and I'll be glad to do it.  Anything to put a stop to this.
Thanks stopforumspam
An,

#2 2018-10-22 8:48 am

Maikuolan
Website

Re: How can we contribute to this list? I had the solution

Call it spidey-senses or whatever you want, but something didn't feel quite right when I saw the above post, so, I did a quick search, and found this post from 2008:

Cindy wrote:

I get lots of spam registrations to the point that I had to change things so that once someone registers they can't post until I activate the account.  Prior to doing that, I research their email name and IP and the username they've chosen.  If something doesn't look right, I don't activate it.  It's a lot of extra work for me though.  I really apprecate your site here and would be happy to give you the info on the spammers that register on my site, if you want it.  Many of them you already have listed, although they sometimes use a different username on my site or something like that.  Anyway, if you want more contributions, please let me know how to go about sending you the info and I'll be glad to do it.  Anything to put a stop to this!

#3 2018-10-22 10:44 am

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: How can we contribute to this list? I had the solution

Thanks Maikuolan.

It's not actually spam so I cannot put them in the DB, but they are now banned so that fixes it here.

Board footer