You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-09 8:29 am

ArizonaGunOwners

URL for the API

Saw your Twitter feed.  Can I use api.stopforumspam.org reliably from now on?  Or should I change it back to what it was?

Thanks.

-T.

#2 2012-09-09 8:35 am

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Re: URL for the API

You should change it back for today, until the DNS refreshes

Dreamhost don't allow TTL control on DNS so I need to move it to a provider that does.  Its still working on the backup server and its in the process of doing a master sync at the moment so it will continue to work for the rest of the week.  I need to make the webserver configuration changes so that only api data is served from that domain or google will double hammer me smile

#3 2012-09-09 4:03 pm

zaphod
Jägermonster
Website

I am just interested in when it finally gels, which URI should I have ZB Block use.

www.stopforumspam.com

or

api.stopforumspam.org

I understand the state of flux. I am totally looking long-term here, and looking to give my users the least amount of hassle.

Thanks Ped. Hopefully some beer and beef is in your future.
Zap smile

Get Protected, Stay Protected...
With ZB Block, GNU/GPL Freeware Anti-Spam/Anti-Hack protection for your php based website.

Little boxes in the server farm, little boxes running php...

#4 2012-09-09 4:24 pm

pedigree

api.stopforumspam.org will be fully programmable to provide mirrors and node removal in the case of failure.  I'll be getting a load balancer up on the test system shortly but I will be pushing the api data to api.stopforumspam.org from now on but just need to fix Redis replication hangups.  I have an idea to move that to a l2tp instead of later7 ssl tunnels, which will fix that issue.

#5 2012-11-07 3:33 pm

djbaxter

Can you clarify the status of the alternate URLs for checking and/or adding spammers to your database? I have seen posts at vBulletin.org in particular indicating that stopforumspam.com is obsolete and or that api.stopforumspam.org is more up to date.

What is the recommended URL to use

1. for checking a new registration against the database; and

2. for submitting a spammer to the database?

#6 2012-11-07 4:01 pm

pedigree

At the moment, they point to the same box but I hope to move the lot to api.stopforumspam.org in the near future.  I have issues to iron out with DNS failover, balancing etc.  You can use either but I cant 100% guarantee the road map going forward until i get these issues sorted out.

#7 2012-11-07 4:10 pm

djbaxter

Thank you, pedigree. I presume there will be an announcement if or when the situation changes. Is there some place to add my email to a distribution list for announcements?

Board footer