You are not logged in.

#1 2023-07-01 8:54 pm

Karamara

Removed entry shows up in Google search results

Hi. I've submitted removal request like a week ago, and by the looks of it it seems like that entry has been scraped off the list. Now, the issue here is that when you Google my username (karamarakamarama), that entry still shows up in the results along with my email. I thought it might have been my browser being lazy and showing me cached version of the results (my computer literacy is abysmal, I don't know how any of this works), so I used different devices with different browsers and it's still there. Is this something that can be fixed?

#2 2023-07-02 6:58 am

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: Removed entry shows up in Google search results

Hi Karamara, welcome to SFS.

I checked the SFS API search page and, sure enough, it has been removed from our API:

SFS API Results wrote:

Found 0 entries for "karamarakamarama"

That is the best that we can do, Karamara.

It takes time for the Internet SERPs ("Search Engine Result Pages") cache to time-out, and all of that is outside of our control. As an  example, I did a DDG search on your username and, amidst all the reddit responses, there was a SFS page for API results from Kazakhstan. However, you were NOT in the live page.

PS
When I say "Internet SERPs cache" I'm talking about the cache at the *Server* end, not your *Browser* end. That's the bit that neither we nor you can control.

#3 2023-07-02 7:36 am

Karamara

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up and I'm sorry for taking your time to answer a trivial question like this one.

#4 2023-07-02 1:55 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

I disagree that it is trivial; it is absolutely vital to yourself, and therefore not at all surprising that you seek for answers.

Board footer