You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-08 3:43 pm

ifritz7

Data loss?

Hello in Dec 2020 I was email bombed. My email <redacted-by-Mod>@<redacted-by-Mod> was posted all over the internet. When I searched stopforumspam.com it showed all the IP addresses that posted my email. If you searched the Ip's on stopforumspam it would give a list of other emails that were affected by the same scam. This helped us uncover a huge scandal and have helped many people. Now the data seems to be gone... It that data backed up anywhere? We would pay to get access

#2 2022-12-08 6:10 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: Data loss?

Hi ifritz7, welcome to SFS.

(searching SFS) it showed all the IP addresses that posted my email

Sorry to disagree, but no it did not.

An entry in the SFS database (dB) would have shown the IP(s) that spammers used to post spam into forum(s). The email address would have been the address used to signup to that forum by the spammer. Those email addresses are required to be *confirmed* addresses, meaning that the forum has gone through a process to check & confirm (much like the way that that happens on this forum, and the same as all such modern forum software work). That helps ensure that the spammer is not also a scammer.

PS
An excellent method to become "email bombed" is to post your email address into a public forum such as this one. For that reason I have removed your address from that post. I do not want you to encourage others to repeat your action.

#3 2022-12-08 6:41 pm

ifritz7

Hello Alex,

Thank you for the reply. This email address is now my junk email since it was bombed and I care not. But thank you for removal.

Thank you for this site.

The data on this site is being used to uncover this scam since 2020. It created a class action lawsuit against one of the largest tech companies. This is an important issue as 1000's of small businesses have been effected.

In the past I downloaded the data provided from my search. Here is what your site provided in a table when I searched an IP or email affected:

Date |IP Address|Username|Email

The emails affected were not confirmed by the forum sites. I can prove that.

#4 2022-12-08 9:12 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

I'll ask pedigree to look over this post (he is Admin on this site).

#5 2022-12-08 9:13 pm

ifritz7

Thank you Alex

#6 2022-12-16 9:12 am

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

check your PMs... luckily I still develop against an old version of the DB so had some data at hand

Board footer