You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-30 12:53 pm

cyrker

"BANNED" on <removed by moderator>

Hello,

I'm banned on the website <removed by moderator> using my public IP address.
If I use a VPN, I'm not banned, and I can connect on this website.
How to fix this issue ?

Regards,

#2 2022-10-30 2:01 pm

cyrker

Re: "BANNED" on <removed by moderator>

I just send an email to :

contact@mybb.com

#3 2022-10-30 2:26 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

See my reply to your General Discussion post.

#4 2022-11-01 6:53 pm

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

contact@mybb.com

they have NOTHING to do with that volvo website.  So far it seems that you've come here and asked us why a volvo website is blocking you, then asked the people that wrote the software that that volvo website is using.... why don't you contact the volvo website and ask them?

#5 2022-11-02 7:09 pm

cyrker

Hello,

I alreday do without success, following these steps :
1 + contact the Admin of the web site <removed by Moderator> (no link with the manufacturer Volvo)
2 + contact MyBB that store this web site <removed by Moderator>
3 + contact FluxBB, because MyBB Support ask me to contact Flux BB.

And now, today, no one know what happen ......

Regards,

#6 2022-11-02 10:36 pm

sklerder
Website

Hi all !
@cyrker
FluxBB and MyBB are forum frameworks, but FluxBB is in noway involved in your problem, because the forum banning you is using the MyBB framework.

The banning action can be  due to either :
- a manual action by a <removed by Moderator> forum's admin or moderator
- a forum tool to report spammers to SFS (StopForumSpam) database.
In no case, the MyBB framework is responsible of the banning action, because MyBB software doesn't include the SFS software.

So, your request to unban your account must be directed first to the <removed by Moderator> staff.

no one know what happen

How can they explain, then, that you are banned on their site by SFS (at least a forum admin or a forum moderator should be aware about the SFS database) ?
They need at least to use the SFS database as a filter in order to ban you and redirect to SFS, and this is a modification that has been added to the MyBB framework they use.

It's also possible that you have been banned on another site, and they block you by using the SFS database ...

#7 2022-11-03 11:39 am

Alex Kemp
Website

@cyrker
One more mention of that URL or the name of that website - anywhere throughout this website - and I report you into the dB as a spammer.

#8 2022-11-03 5:05 pm

sklerder
Website

Hi Alex.

Sorry, I repeated the name of the site, because I didn't thought it could be considered as spam.

#9 2022-11-03 7:13 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

@sklerder
Not a problem.

It is likely that cyrker isn't actually spamming (he would already be in the dB if that were the case), but spammers use a wide variety of methods to spam. Using a website as part of their username, for example (some even include the TLD), or within the text of a post. Lots & lots & lots of ways, and they are all spam. As it becomes more & more ubiquitous we are cracking down harder & harder.

All that cyrker had to do was to send a PM to me with the name & IP, and I would have given direct help. I've not only removed that website here, I have previously also removed both URL + name from his other post. Using it again here is either ignorant, stupid or deliberate. I've now completely lost patience with him.

#10 2022-11-04 12:14 am

sklerder
Website

The best way for cyrker is to contact the administrator of the concerned forum.
If the administrator cannot answer to his questions, I don't know, at this moment, what is the best answer, cause the answer is clearly on "their" side

I took this conversation much more than I do usually, because I'm pretty (very pretty) sure that cyrker speaks better my mother language, and assume better it's problem smile

So cyrker, if the language is another problem for you, feel free to speak French, if needed, I'll translate at the best I can.
As far I as I understand, we are in the same French region (I'm from 'Côtes d'Armor)' ...), and my PM is totally opened ...

Board footer