You are not logged in.

#151 2009-02-09 6:59 pm

diabolic.bg
Website

Re: Spambot detector (with the use of this API)

Hi MysteryFCM!

MysteryFCM wrote:

Date: 22-01-2009

+ Optionally submit spammers automagically to fspamlist.com (API required)

I have a question. If I test some user in Spambot detector, can I send spammers data to fspamlist and BotScout or data sends only in user registration? When data sends automatically?

Last edited by diabolic.bg (2009-02-09 7:01 pm)

Funiest jokes and pics

#152 2009-02-09 7:08 pm

MysteryFCM
Website

The data is sent only to fspamlist.com at present (I don't think BotScout allow automatic submission at present).

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

#153 2009-02-09 7:11 pm

diabolic.bg
Website

MysteryFCM wrote:

The data is sent only to fspamlist.com at present (I don't think BotScout allow automatic submission at present).

OK, the error is mine, but how can I send data?

Funiest jokes and pics

#154 2009-02-09 7:20 pm

MysteryFCM
Website

To BotScout? Have a word with Mike (owner of BS smile)

http://www.stopforumspam.com/forum/t491-Introduction

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

#155 2009-02-09 7:32 pm

diabolic.bg
Website

MysteryFCM wrote:

To BotScout? Have a word with Mike (owner of BS smile)

http://www.stopforumspam.com/forum/t491-Introduction

I will but when I asked, I had fspamlist.com in my mind.

Last edited by diabolic.bg (2009-02-09 7:38 pm)

Funiest jokes and pics

#156 2009-02-09 7:57 pm

MysteryFCM
Website

Oh right ... I mis-understood :oops:

Aslong as you've got an fSpamlist API key, and have it in the config file, it should auto-submit any spammers identified smile

To submit them manually, you'll need to login to the FSL website and submit them there (I've not added a manual submission feature yet, but will be doing in a later release)

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

#157 2009-02-09 8:04 pm

diabolic.bg
Website

MysteryFCM wrote:

Aslong as you've got an fSpamlist API key, and have it in the config file, it should auto-submit any spammers identified smile

Thanks, I already have a fSpamlist API key and if I understand right every spammer who try to register will be send to fSpamlist DB. Right?
Can I remove any "mine" spammer if I need?

Last edited by diabolic.bg (2009-02-09 8:07 pm)

Funiest jokes and pics

#158 2009-02-09 8:07 pm

MysteryFCM
Website

That's correct smile

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

#159 2009-02-09 8:09 pm

MysteryFCM
Website

diabolic.bg wrote:

Can I remove any "mine" spammer if I need?

Removal requests need to be made at;

http://temerc.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=72

There are no facilities for removing them yourself yet.

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

#160 2009-02-09 8:17 pm

diabolic.bg
Website

Thanks, this was all for now. smile

Funiest jokes and pics

#161 2009-02-09 8:50 pm

MysteryFCM
Website

My pleasure smile

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

#162 2009-02-13 12:35 am

MysteryFCM
Website

Forgot to post this here ............

Spambot Search Tool v0.19

v0.19 of the SBST has now been released. The main change in this release includes a re-write of the functions used to query fSpamlist, StopForumSpam and BotScout in the check_spammers_plain.php.

Changes in this release include:

- BotScout, fSpamlist and StopForumSpam query routines re-written in check_spammers_plain.php to improve efficiency

- True/false echo in check_spammers_plain.php moved to just below "END CHECK DNSBL" to fix a problem with PHP4

Overview & Download
http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Prod … searchtool

Note: If you are upgrading from 0.18, the only files you need to replace are check_spammers_plain.php and en.php

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

#163 2009-02-17 9:04 am

diabolic.bg
Website

Please, remove two my emails from DB. I made some tests with Spambot detector (with the use of this API) and my addresses fallout (at) mail.bg and chochosat (at) hotmail.com get into DB.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. Your last version 0.19 blocked realy clean emails.  I had a problem with usercp_register.php after latest mod update \0.19\, as before also, and I want to test it.  I wrote real data and mod blocked me.
When I try to register in your forum the mod blocked my address in Gmail who I use in the world's forums (here too).  mad

At the end I was angry and removed the mod FOREVER.
Please remove diabolic.bg (at) gmail.com
Thanks for the emails removing!

In future I will send data only manually from http://www.stopforumspam.com/forum/t280 … pforumspam ! mad I corrected it to send emails to me.
Best regards,
diabolic.bg

Last edited by diabolic.bg (2009-02-17 9:30 am)

Funiest jokes and pics

#164 2009-02-17 11:26 am

MysteryFCM
Website

I'll get your e-mails removed immediately.

If you test it with real + spammer data, then the "real" data will be associated with spammers as you're not meant to test it with real data when you've got the auto-submission to fSpamlist enabled (or when using the one's hosted at fspamlist/temerc).

/edit

Your e-mail's have been removed from the database.

Last edited by MysteryFCM (2009-02-17 11:33 am)

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

#165 2009-02-17 11:37 am

diabolic.bg
Website

I tested real registration because after update 3 days was impossible to register but I know for it yesterday... sad
As seems me the mod blocked ALL registrations for the moment - in your forums also. I never doesn't have a problems with my real emals but now I rise as spammer. sad

Funiest jokes and pics

#166 2009-02-17 11:44 am

MysteryFCM
Website

I tested the SBST before releasing it and couldn't see any F/P's.

What kind of problems were you getting? (and were you using the hosted versions, or a copy hosted on your own server?)

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

#167 2009-02-17 12:09 pm

diabolic.bg
Website

With v.0.17 all works good but as I already wrote every time I had problems with cURL. The mod was integrated in my board till yesterday. When my user tell me about problem I find where is the problem, correct the row

$fspamcheck = file_get_contents('http://temerc.com/Check_Spammers/check_spammers_plain.php?name='.$username.'&email='.$email.'&ip='.$ip);

from my domain to as is now and me seems all is OK. I test to register with my real email and the mod blocked me. On the second try - again. And I uninstall it.
This morning I tried to register in your forums and again was blocked with last email. yikes I tried with my nick and email from there...

Forget it. I don't want more troubles - I have a many in my life without it...

Last edited by diabolic.bg (2009-02-17 12:16 pm)

Funiest jokes and pics

#168 2009-02-17 1:13 pm

MysteryFCM
Website

diabolic.bg wrote:

With v.0.17 all works good but as I already wrote every time I had problems with cURL.

I'm a little baffled by this as it should only use cURL if file_get_contents() isn't available.

diabolic.bg wrote:

$fspamcheck = file_get_contents('http://temerc.com/Check_Spammers/check_spammers_plain.php?name='.$username.'&email='.$email.'&ip='.$ip);

I've removed the FSL API key from that one, so it won't auto-submit if testing using that one anymore.

diabolic.bg wrote:

from my domain to as is now and me seems all is OK. I test to register with my real email and the mod blocked me. On the second try - again. And I uninstall it.
This morning I tried to register in your forums and again was blocked with last email. yikes I tried with my nick and email from there...

Unfortunately, if you'd already tested it and it had added your details, it wouldn't have allowed you to register. As mentioned, your addresses have been removed so you should be able to register over there now.

diabolic.bg wrote:

Forget it. I don't want more troubles - I have a many in my life without it...

No worries smile

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

#169 2009-02-17 1:22 pm

diabolic.bg
Website

MysteryFCM wrote:
diabolic.bg wrote:

Unfortunately, if you'd already tested it and it had added your details, it wouldn't have allowed you to register. As mentioned, your addresses have been removed so you should be able to register over there now.

I NEVER use this email from tests and over all the mod blocked me at the first attempt.
Forget...
I don't want to use it more.

Funiest jokes and pics

#170 2009-02-17 1:41 pm

MysteryFCM
Website

No problem.

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

#171 2009-02-17 2:10 pm

Mike
Website

MysteryFCM wrote:

That's correct. We don't allow it yet, but we expect to provide some capability for it in the future.

One thing we're concerned about is poisoning of the database by a malicious user. We're looking at a couple of methods to prevent that, but if anyone has some ideas on that, we'd be interested in hearing them.

#172 2009-02-17 2:23 pm

MysteryFCM
Website

I know FSL is strict about who he gives API keys for submissions to, and requires the site doing the submission, be specified in the submission QS (e.g. temerc.com). Perhaps this would be an idea?

The other problem we have is people testing it with real + spammer data mixed sad (SBST currently doesn't distinguish between a test and a real query, in the case of the SBST they should be testing it with a copy hosted on their own server so they require their own API key (contemplating removing the API key from the hosted versions and using seperate private versions for the sites I use it for))

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

#173 2009-02-17 2:54 pm

MysteryFCM
Website

In trying to find out what caused diabolic.bg's issue (I know he's no longer interested, but I don't like not knowing what is causing problems), I've found and fixed a couple other issues, so have re-released v0.19;

Spambot Search Tool v0.19 re-released

Just a note folks, due to a couple of changes and one or two bug fixes, I've re-released v0.19. The main bug fix concerns the web interface and BotScout (when an error is returned by BS, it was flagging it as a spammer), and a minor bug fix with view_spammers.php.

I've still got one or two things to add into the next release, such as a cache and counter feature (both requested), but strongly recommend downloading this update in the meantime.

http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Prod … searchtool

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

#174 2009-02-17 3:46 pm

Mike
Website

MysteryFCM wrote:

I know FSL is strict about who he gives API keys for submissions to, and requires the site doing the submission, be specified in the submission QS (e.g. temerc.com). Perhaps this would be an idea?

Yep, this is part of it. Anyone can sign up to run a honeypot but they don't automatically get selected or activated. Like they say on the Nickelodeon channel, "Many will enter, few will win".

We're also tagging all submissions so if we determine later that there's been malicious activity we can clear a given submitter's entries.

MysteryFCM wrote:

The other problem we have is people testing it with real + spammer data mixed sad

Agreed 100%. Unfortunately we have no "stupidity detector" code that'll work in those kinds of cases. If someone is silly enough to put their own email in during testing, it'll get banned. That's the way it's supposed to work, lol. We're looking at adding some 'test case' code, but that's still a ways off.

On the bright side, we have some good results from the bot honeypot form tests. Yours and several other have sent in quite a few, so we're looking at opening it up a bit. The biggest problem is determining a site's "real" IP...often times a site can be reached at one IP but sends POST requests from another. We've seen this several times on server we own, where outgoing request appear on the base IP and not necessarily on the IP fround from dig or various lookup services.

#175 2009-02-19 1:46 am

fspamlist

Shucks...

As you can imagine, a lot of logging goes on so if we detect poisoning of the db, we can delete all the entries from a particular IP, user, submission time, etc.. This does require a lot of monitoring though, but thats what it takes to make this system flexible.

Really there isn't a lot of support for these new tools (at least on my end) so that gives us some room to pick and choose who we want using the tools.

I hope we can still develop these tools to be better. The goal is to build up the database with genuine spammers to provide better blocking support. This is going to take a few good boards running with the api that we trust to get this thing running smooth.

Last edited by fspamlist (2009-02-19 1:48 am)

Board footer