You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-28 3:23 am

baileyhistory

A direct link to post.php?

I added some code in my Snitz 2000 forum to add a "Report Spammer" link in my new user list, so I can simply click on it to add each spammer entry to the database.

I'm using the format given by Russ as:

http://www.stopforumspam.com/post.php?u … ey=$apikey

I've substituted the appropriate variables with the actual data (including my API key), but I get no return code, be it 200 or 403.  It's just a blank page, and the source looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

I was trying to avoid using a form POST to cut down on the code changes.  Is there a way to submit data by using a simple generated link?  If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

#2 2008-07-30 9:00 pm

MysteryFCM
Website

Re: A direct link to post.php?

Are you using the rest of the code that goes with the URL?

http://www.stopforumspam.com/forum/t28-Code-Examples

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

#3 2008-07-31 12:06 am

baileyhistory

No, I'm not, because the code examples Russ gave appear to be some variety of "salting" a registration form with hidden fields that only spammers would fill in, along with some PHP code to use the POST method to pass the data along to post.php.  I'm not looking to automatically detect spammers.  In that post, Russ said, "Take a look at my code examples, but regardless of how you do it here's the URL you need to make a POST to..." and then gave the URL which makes it look like the GET method could be used.  That lead me to believe that one could generate the link with the data to pass the data to post.php.  Besides, I'm an old former IBM'er, so my comfort level is with ASP.  I don't do PHP.  If I must use the POST method, I'll use ASP.

#4 2008-08-04 12:31 pm

Stryker777
Website

You can generate a link and click it or have it executed.  You will just get a blank page though.  post.php is not there to thank you or anything.  All it is there to do is accept the data and process it.  Your variables are sent via the GET method if you are using the link there.  POST is used in forms and such where you do not want the variables showing up in the url.  If you see the variables in your address bar, you are using GET.  I personally have it send the data automatically.  The POST you see in the hidden form code is for the form submission.  Then when submitted, the next page check variables and if the hidden variables are filled in, it sends the data to sfs.

Good luck

#5 2008-08-04 9:15 pm

baileyhistory

Stryker777 wrote:

You can generate a link and click it or have it executed.  You will just get a blank page though.  post.php is not there to thank you or anything.  All it is there to do is accept the data and process it.  Your variables are sent via the GET method if you are using the link there.  POST is used in forms and such where you do not want the variables showing up in the url.  If you see the variables in your address bar, you are using GET.  I personally have it send the data automatically.  The POST you see in the hidden form code is for the form submission.  Then when submitted, the next page check variables and if the hidden variables are filled in, it sends the data to sfs.

Good luck

OK, that's how I thought it should work.  Here's a link with real, live data I tried to post.  Can you tell me why it won't work?

http://www.stopforumspam.com/post.php?u … key=APIKEY

Obviously, just replace "APIKEY" with your own API key and run the link.  It does not give a code 200 for success as Russ said it should, nor do I get a code 403.  I get only a blank page, and when I check the database (usually by IP) the data isn't in there, so I know the link didn't work.  It's like I'm passing bad variable names through the link, but that's the format Russ gave.

#6 2008-08-05 12:09 am

Stryker777
Website

I am mistaken.  He is not accepting POST variables.  I thought I had tried it both ways before but it is truly only accepting POST right now.  I don't know why he does not use $_REQUEST but that is his choice.  Why not just add a function to call with the data instead if creating a link.  It should be just as fast to do. If you need help let me know.

Board footer