You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-24 1:23 am

TeMerc
Website

API Prob or Too Many?-Suggestion Too

OK, went to do my first set of spam domains today, quite a few of them actually and after inserting them all and my API #, I got an error, but no explanation as to what the problem was.

Is there a limit to how many we can submit? Also, is there any way to make it so the API is recalled, so we don't have to enter it each time? This makes it somewhat of an annoyance to have to paste that in with each entry.

Also, as a suggestion, is there any way for us to add any extra info about the spammers added? Many of these guys link to malicious sites, a note about that would be great or perhaps just a rating system?

#2 2007-12-24 3:45 am

Russ

Re: API Prob or Too Many?-Suggestion Too

There's currently a problem with the regex match on email addresses - it rejects them if there's a dash or underscore in them. It's on my list of things to fix, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I keep a log of all the submissions that failed, so I can figure out why and if there's something I need to fix. Yours failed because all the fields weren't complete, and also the email was just a list of domains.

I also agree that it can be tedious to enter them all one at a time. I also plan on doing a bulk form, and now that the forums are here I can get your API key from your session if you happen to be logged in, so that would make it a little easier too.

There's also a comments field in the table, I just haven't put it to use yet. I probably will soon though, so you could add extra notes and stuff to an entry.

#3 2007-12-24 3:50 am

TeMerc
Website

Russ wrote:

There's currently a problem with the regex match on email addresses - it rejects them if there's a dash or underscore in them. It's on my list of things to fix, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I keep a log of all the submissions that failed, so I can figure out why and if there's something I need to fix. Yours failed because all the fields weren't complete, and also the email was just a list of domains.

I also agree that it can be tedious to enter them all one at a time. I also plan on doing a bulk form, and now that the forums are here I can get your API key from your session if you happen to be logged in, so that would make it a little easier too.

There's also a comments field in the table, I just haven't put it to use yet. I probably will soon though, so you could add extra notes and stuff to an entry.

That's all great news, I await the repairs amd improvements as well.

A united front is the best thing for us, even tho it still an uphill battle.

#4 2007-12-24 6:51 am

TeMerc
Website

Yours failed because all the fields weren't complete, and also the email was just a list of domains.

So does this mean we won't be able to submit a long list of domains, which are 99.99% spam domains as thus:

*@bzclv.com, *@hgakwhw.com, *@svovx.com, *@crazyfrogabc.com, *@qrhhg.com, *@jkilr.com, *@mihek.com, *@lhvtw.com, *@rvtzt.com, *@aohahhnoyes.net, *@etvxt.com, *@mlmjz.com, *@cmdzc.com, *@mzqqk.com, *@hbftj.com, *@kgwir.com, *@saefc.com, *@bradobronly.net, *@yreyq.com, *@rfvdn.com, *@erbol.com, *@omruc.com, *@fwors.com, *@openbsd-france.org, *@lzunt.com, *@ylmtg.com, *@tk9he.com, *@googlegroups.com, *@enryx.com, @smlwhpz.com, *@jdxmo.com, *@ugcwu.com, *@historymydear.com, *@ksjcr.com, *@xkylk.com, *@rinseg.com, *@rieg.com, *@rindeg.com

Or will that too be part of the 'fixes' you're working on inbetween boxing up household goodss? tongue

#5 2007-12-25 9:42 am

mj12

Russ wrote:

There's currently a problem with the regex match on email addresses - it rejects them if there's a dash or underscore in them.

Granted I'm using C#, but here's the regex pattern I'm using for locating email addresses, all one line of course. Gawd regex patterns are ugly. Looks like a cat walked across the keyboard :)

[a-zA-Z0-9]+([_.-]?[a-zA-Z0-9]+)?@[a-zA-Z0-9]+([_-]?[a-zA-Z0-9]+)*([.]{1})[a-zA-Z0-9]+([.]?[a-zA-Z0-9]+)*

While I'm at it, here's one for domain names. It accepts multiple level domains; ie; hello.world.foobar.com

([\w-]+\.)+[\w-]{2,}

Last edited by mj12 (2007-12-25 9:49 am)

#6 2007-12-31 6:39 pm

Russ

Hey, thanks. I implemented this email regex and it looks like it works better.

#7 2008-01-01 6:47 pm

TeMerc
Website

OK, I just did a search for:
edterha[at]thirdreichmail.com<<<<--obviously I didn't use [at]

Said not found, when I went to add it, I still get the message 'data not entered'.

The only time I've been able to enter anything was when I had the full email, IP and username. Is this the way the 'add' feature is supposed to work?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

#8 2008-01-02 1:04 am

Russ

Yes, all fields are required and validated before it will go in the DB.

#9 2008-01-02 1:23 am

TeMerc
Website

Russ wrote:

Yes, all fields are required and validated before it will go in the DB.

Well I guess I won't be able to contribute nearly as much as I was hoping. But I'll post when I have all that info.

Board footer