You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-02 6:46 pm

Reno

A forum I moderate has been hacked

Instead of the forum I get a screen that says "Hacked by ADIGA - The old index is not deleted it is named "index_1.htm"

I am not a tech person at all - I just moderate this forum and our tech person who hosts it is MIA.

Can anyone give me advice on what to do about this. And could this hacker get into my computer or most likely just hacked the forum as some kind of game?

#2 2010-04-02 7:05 pm

diabolic.bg
Website

Re: A forum I moderate has been hacked

What is the your forum system?

Funiest jokes and pics

#3 2010-04-03 10:38 am

fspamlist

Backup your forum install..

Then, please look for any files that may (and probably) have been created to continue access to your system; they could be anywhere. Delete them.

Next, make sure you are using the latest forum software. (Update your install if necessary)

Finally, get rid of any mods that may have opened security vulnerabilities.

You may also need to block the attacker using network wide blacklist, etc.

If the attacker comes back somehow, you may want to look into other more secure solutions to your forum.

Please keep in mind, I am no security professional, and this website is gear toward the prevention of forum spam and not hacker attacks.

Hope all is resolved soon.

#4 2010-04-03 10:44 pm

Cyberfreak
Spam Buster

Alot of times, hackings and defacings are down to servers/hosts being insecure.  Outdated versions of php and other software on the server. Make sure your forum software is upto date aswell to make sure there isn't any security issues with the software and do the same with mods/plugins you may have.

I echo fspamlist by saying i am no security expert but in my experience alot of times the issues are down to the server and not always the actual site/software.

Last edited by Cyberfreak (2010-04-03 10:45 pm)

#5 2010-04-03 11:44 pm

MysteryFCM
Website

[INFO] My website has been hacked, what do I do?
http://www.malwaredomainlist.com/forums … pic=3122.0

Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Board footer