You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-15 2:33 am

Goblin Tech

SFS Forum Issue

When I go to Profile > Personal, I fill out the fields and click Submit but I get a page that I don't have permission to do that. Also, is there a place I can put in for a username change or contact someone about my other username on here that I don't remember the email for?

#2 2020-11-15 3:10 am

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: SFS Forum Issue

Certainly should not happen.

This is something for pedigree to take a look at (no-one else here has the permission to look at that!). I've sent him a PM with the URL of this thread, asking him to investigate.

Mon 16 Nov addition:
I forgot to answer the Username parts of your enquiry.

I can change that for you. Put the new username (either here or in a PM to me) & I will amend your name. Please understand that you will immediately need to re-login after the change.

I will certainly NOT change any other 2nd name unless you are able to tell me the email address, or some other infallible means of confirming that you originated that account. I am sure that you understand why.

#3 2020-11-15 2:47 pm

kpatz

Pedigree can answer to it for certain, but it's possible he has it set up so new members can't update their profile until they've made a certain minimum number of posts, as an anti spam tactic.

Spam happens when greed meets stupidity.

#4 2020-11-19 6:23 am

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

I'll have a look at whats going on there over the weekend

#5 2020-11-19 2:41 pm

Goblin Tech

Alex, thanks, for this account I want the name to be Goblin Tech.

I understand about my second account I know the username is Mythotical and I'm pretty sure the email is <removed by mod> but I can't remember it for sure.

Pedigree, thanks appreciate it.

#6 2020-11-19 4:58 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Your name changed as requested. All else in that account remains untouched.

(Added after a few minutes)
That 2nd username that you wish to use exists, but the email address bears zero reference to yourself (neither current, nor the alternative you unwisely published & I've just removed from your post (far too many spammers visit this forum for that to be a sensible action)).

If you attempted to create a second username recently under that name then it would have failed due to the name being previously taken. If you believe that it actually *is* yours then you will need to tell me when it was created & the email address used. Communicate via PM, please. Otherwise let it be.

#7 2020-11-19 10:38 pm

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Goblin tech is a goody, I've spoke to him in the past elsewhere

#8 2020-11-20 12:22 am

Alex Kemp
Website

I'm doing my best to help, pedigree; I have zero disrespect for the chap. Indeed, no bias in any direction.

I will not give the email address to what may turn out to be somebody else's account just because somebody says they own it. If  Goblin tech can clearly ID the account in an irrefutable fashion then we can act. Otherwise not.

It has zero posts in the forums. Far simpler to forget it & start a fresh account.

(later thought for pedigree: )

If you can tie the IP addresses of accesses to Mythotical to the same IP as Goblin tech then we may be in business (crossed fingers that the actual owner does not share an ISP, of course). Anyway, I'll leave that up to you.

#9 2020-11-20 4:17 am

Mythotical

Hey Alex, I managed to get access back to this account. It was an email I forgot all about. Thanks for all the help though. Not sure what I'm going to do with the Goblin Tech account though.

#10 2020-11-20 2:16 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Maybe pedigree can transfer the Goblin Tech stuff into Mythotical's account. Anyway, whatever, glad some brain-cells rubbed together for you eventually. That seems to happen less & less for me!

Board footer