Stop Forum Spam

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-06-07 2:10 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Re: Running a Diary being hit by bots without StopForumSpam

Interesting approach the moronic admins at the OSM site have taken. I was recently disappointed by "startpage.com", it used to be my favorite search engine, until recently they started using a broken captcha method, to try to control who, and how many searches one can do. But I suppose that would be another topic.
  What I see, or think, the internet is so polluted by bots of all sorts, nothing is done legally, by the world governments, IE: long prison sentences for the criminals involved in using and creating the mal-ware they use to abuse internet.  Any way, it is all so polluted and corrupted, it is rapidly becoming more and more useless. The worst part, all the excessive advertising,  spam, etc. is every where, 99% of the websites that do show when one does a search , are basically just full page advertisements, and very little or zero useful information,.... now the search engine is useless because, every time I try new key words, I have to try to use a broken captcha,...it is getting to be a real mess, every where.

#27 2019-06-07 11:07 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Re: Running a Diary being hit by bots without StopForumSpam

I was thinking more about this, and seriously I do think the only real solution to the pollution that the so called Marketing engineers (spammers) are causing on the internet highways is severe penalties, jail time is not good enough, the problem with putting them in jail or prison is then society has to support them, so better yet severe financial penalties, very high fines. The same money raised from the fines could be used to help clean up the mess, and develope better methods of catching them, and stopping them. 
Advertising people , Marketing engineers, spammers, what ever you want to call them, have all ways been scuzz butts, and do not respect anything, they have a history of doing this, trying to force everyone to see their garbage, every where.
  I don't know about over in England, and Europe, all though I did visit Switzerland,Germany,Italy and Austria when I was very young. And I do remember the difference on the highways over there, there were not so many billboards, like I was accustomed to in the U.S. At that time in the US, the highways were filled with billboards, especially in the South West, there was no more real "Scenic" drives, any where. 
Eventually a movement did start, and laws were passed , and the billboards started getting removed, the highways became more scenic, and enjoyable. It seems to me, like the admins, at OSM are sort of closing the highway, instead of removing the billboards, in a way.  Any websites that are a benefit to the public, should be legally protected, and it would be a serious crime to even attempt to pollute them with unwanted advertising, or any advertising for that matter.  It would be nice if they (the marketing engineers) were restricted to only being able to use a "commercial" zone, like the yellow pages in the phone book, there they could place their advertising and contact info.  Submitting or posting unwanted advertising any where else is essentially like graffiti, it defaces the environment .  The penalties for doing that need to be enforced, and severe, otherwise it will only continue to get worse and worse. These kind of people have no morals, nor respect anything...other then $$$$, if the cost / consequence of the abuse is high enough, it would get their attention.  Strict licensing including knowing the true identity of the owner of servers being used as "production" machines, producing advertisements and marketing propaganda, probably is needed. The production of mal-ware intended for abusing websites and injecting unwanted data, should be not only a very long jail term, but also banned from ever being able to be a licensed server operator or admin as well as a very high fine.
Any way, guess that is about it for now,

Board footer