You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-28 3:31 pm

woodmass14

"The email address you entered has been banned by the administrator.

Hello. I'd like to know why my email is marked as spam on (edited by mod) a forum/website (end edit) They linked me here after opening a ticket with them. I am rarely on forums and when i am i don't believe it to be spam. Can i ask why my email address was marked as spam? I was told to use another email but i don't have another email address to use nor do i want to make another. What exactly flagged my email? And can it be removed?

Thank you
Adam

#2 2018-08-28 4:00 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: "The email address you entered has been banned by the administrator.

Hello woodmass14

I've checked your email address as used in your SFS account using the SFS Search facility. The result is "zero entries". If you use a different email address at se7ensins then send it to me via the PM facility.

You will therefore need to return to (edited) the forum/website  (end edit) and point out that it looks as if their forum is misconfigured.

The link for Removal Requests will fail unless your information is within the SFS database. At this moment it seems that you are not there.

#3 2018-08-28 4:18 pm

woodmass14

Hello, Alex.

Thank you for checking that for me. Just find it odd that their website would come back as my email being spam. I've replied to my ticket and awaiting a response at the moment. All this trouble to ask the forum for some help :)

Thanks again.
Adam

#4 2018-08-28 4:52 pm

woodmass14

Nah, no luck with them. Still blaming you guys

"As mentioned we do not control spam database and if your email is flagged by them then you will need to contact them or use a different email address. We do not ban email address. https://www.stopforumspam.com/
We don't control what gets flagged by that and if your email address is flagged then you can't use that email address. You will have to use a different email address. Not much we can do in regards to that."

2nd response after contacting you guys.

"We do not ban email address as mentioned so if you are not able to use your email address then you will need to use a different email address. Email address getting flagged by spam database and that is not something we control so you are option is to use another email address."

Ah well.. Will use another forum i suppose.

Thank you
Adam

#5 2018-08-28 9:01 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

woodmass14>> Hello. I'd like to know why my email is marked as spam on  (a website)---

How do you know it is marked as spam ?, based on the title for the topic, and what you say, the forum administrator has your e-mail banned.
The actual reasons are not clear.

We don't know why somebody at (some website/forum)  would mark or flag your e-mail as spam.  It is not listed here in our data base, but even if it was, we do not , ban or block people from other websites/forums, this is done by the other forum/administration, not us.

You can blame any one you want, but that is not going to help you solve the problem, some body at that website has flagged  your e-mail as
being a spammer, or  something.

woodmass14>>Can i ask why my email address was marked as spam? I was told to use another email but i don't have another email address to use nor do i want to make another. What exactly flagged my email? And can it be removed?

We do not know why, we are not administrators of that website/forum,...nor affiliated with it in any way.

As for What or who exactly flagged your e-mail :
If the title of the topic, is what the message says,

"The email address you entered has been banned by the administrator"

If the administrator of that forum does not want to allow that e-mail, they have every right to not allow it,  If you refuse to meet the requirements given to you by the administrator of that site, and use a different e-mail, then they will continue to keep you banned, and deny access.  Also they are the only ones that can tell you why.
   I personally manage some websites/servers, that do not allow any "free e-mail" services for e-mail address, but Stop Forum Spam, is not responsible for that. On some other websites I manage, administer, we do have certain e-mail addresses banned,  because they were trolls and simply undesirable members, again, Stop Forum Spam has nothing to do with that. As the administrator of the forum/or website, that is my choice, and I am responsible for that, NOT  Stop Forum Spam.

This discussion should never have come up here at SFS,  I have no idea why the administrator of some other website would tell you to ask us, we are not responsible for their actions,etc.
=====edited===
For what ever it is worth, I also have contacted the admins at the mentioned website/forum, and asked them to contact me, if they can provide more details as to why the OP's e-mail has been banned.  I will just have to wait and see if they reply now.

===== edited again ====
Interesting, I got a very prompt reply :

The issue was resolved. It was an issue with the way that member was using... "googlemail.com" instead of the recent "gmail.com" in his email address.

I suppose this  means this topic is resolved as well , ------------ but it does leave me wondering why ?

Today 11:52 am
woodmass14

Maybe it still had not been resolved when they posted here.

#6 2018-08-28 10:23 pm

sklerder
Website

Hi !

Interesting to know (I didn't know) ...
I tried, and effectively, user@gmail.com and user@googlemail.com are equivalent (one is an alias of the other , but I don't know which one smile).

I verified in SFS database too, the domain "googlemail.com" is not flagged as bad domain, but 733 entries (at time I'm writing) in the database for the domain ...

#7 2018-08-29 12:02 am

Papa Parrot
Website

Well, I tried as a experiment , to registering a "testing forum", of course different forum software will respond different, but any way...
Registered using user@googlemail.com,... but the actual e-mail address the user has is a gmail address, the user did not receive the activation e-mail,  I am going to look at this more later, but  I imagine forum login software would be "picky", if the registrant used gmail to register, and then tried logging in using a different e-mail, IE: googlemail,... it probably would reject the login,... any way one thing for certain,
it is not our fault the OP has or had this problem/

#8 2018-08-29 12:11 am

woodmass14

@papa parrot. You'd be absolutely right in that assumption. The issue was sorted shortly after i posted last. I got a kind email back asking me to try gmail.com instead of googlemail.com . And apologies for coming to this forum if it caused such an issue for you. I was simply told you guys were at fault.

I was told it was marked as spam from the same guy that told you "It was an issue with the way that member was using...." and from the same guy that linked me here. And no, no one at that website had flagged my email as spam, the googlemail.com was the issue. The same domain i've been using for years. Why on earth can you use gmail.com and not googlemail.com? Rhetorical.

But going by your response you want someone to blame. It ain't me. Go take it up with "admins at the mentioned website/forum"

Regards
Adam

#9 2018-08-29 12:15 am

woodmass14

I was asked a long time ago if i wanted to use gmail.com. I said no. It's still googlemail.com. Both are interchangeable, i know. But you give me an email address to write to, the sender (me) domain will end in googlemail.com

Regards
Adam

#10 2018-08-29 1:51 am

Papa Parrot
Website

And apologies for coming to this forum if it caused such an issue for you.

No problem really, 

woodmass14>> But going by your response you want someone to blame

Me ? ,

Today 11:52 am
woodmass14>

No it is not a matter who is to blame, you came here with a problem, and went out of my way , by taking the time to contact the other forums admin and find out the real reason you could not log in, ....  I don't think any one is to blame, unless  you consider the forum software or googlemail and gmail a person,

woodmass14>Both are interchangeable, i know

Apparently not 100% interchangeable, like I said, I tried testing this, and found that if I use me@googlemail.com , I did not receive  the verification e-mail at my me@gmail.com account, but any way, glad the problem you have is solved, even though you never said thank you,
your welcome. There is no point in continuing with this topic, since it is solved, so I am closing it.
Thank you and have a good day.

Board footer