You are not logged in.

#26 2018-06-17 8:10 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: Current (2016) status of ZB Block?

Papa Parrot wrote:

The website " SpambotSecurity "(http://www.spambotsecurity.com/) , and old forum is pretty much broken

Zap ran his website from a server located at his private home, so I would not be surprised if it is now offline.

#27 2018-06-17 8:35 pm

Maikuolan
Website

Zap ran his website from a server located at his private home, so I would not be surprised if it is now offline.

The server itself is still online; Just everything hosted on it that's defunct nowadays (website, forums, etc), which.. is kind of weird IMO, all things considered, but is what it is. Two main problems (in terms of functionality) are firstly, that it's basically ran out of available disk space (likely rampart, uncontrolled build up of logs, dumps, caching, etc, which hasn't been manually purged at all in the past two years or so AFAIK), and secondly, that on the surface glance, the forums theme data seems to have corrupted (I suspect likely signs of other, bigger problems in the forums, ultimately stemming from the first problem, of a lack of available disk space). Both things which would likely be easily fixable, for anyone with back-end access to the server, which currently includes.. just Zap, and nobody else (again, AFAIK).

Anyway, this is all old news now, from my perspective, and I don't anticipate any change in situation happening there.

#28 2018-08-26 7:10 pm

JamesC
Website

Papa Parrot wrote:

==== off topic =====
When I try to connect just now , to ( http://zb-block.net/zbf/ )I was blocked, so it is clear that JamesC is using zbblock for the site, and  it is working.

The reason(s) your connection was interrupted are:
Generic bot detection:open (UA.G26).

Zap and I had problems with my ISP in the past, and he had to "white list " me so I could access, but any way that is another topic.

Garry, the block (on your attempt to view zb-block.net) was due to "open" in your browser's user-agent string.

I have just installed a correction to allow you in, and will make this correction available to ZB-Block 0.5+ users on the next signature update. smile

Alex Kemp wrote:

Zap's server is definately offline now. *shrug*

#29 2018-08-26 8:47 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Thanks,  and good to see some one is keeping the zbblock script/software alive,... I just now connected, but have not registered yet.

I look forward to being able to get a more current , updated signatures , I am still using the now very old and out of date ones ,...
Thanks

========== edited =======
sorry about this, but REcaptcha does not like me, and the feeling is mutual, I don't like it, I don't like Google, and I don't like being forced to use Java Script,  I have had trouble with that on other sites as well,
I think Recaptcha is just plain broken,.... Did some searches, and it is not just me,

Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again.

It is sad, but when it gets to be this much trouble to register to a forum, well, it does not take a rocket scientist to explain why people are not using forums as much as they used to...

========= edited again ====
I did manage to register, using FireFox browser, a bloated browser that is slow, and normally I do not use it,  but any way apparently Google, and REcaptcha accept it, still took several tries on the REcaptcha

#30 2018-08-26 10:09 pm

BryanBabyParrot

This is a test

#31 2018-08-26 10:45 pm

JamesC
Website

Garry, I understand about not wanting to turn JavaScript on in your browser. Please know that it's only required for the registration screen -- my forum does not require JS for normal viewing/posting.

If you can't turn JS on, you can peruse the Downloads and Documentation area without a login. My downloads are freely available to anyone who wants them. smile

Since you are still on Zap's code, might I ask that you upgrade in two stages. First, upgrade to ZB-Block 0.5.2 and let it run for a few days. Once you are satisfied that it works correctly, upgrade to 0.6.1.

== edit to add ==
I saw your registration, and approved it. smile My site is on cr*ptastic shared hosting, and it seems slower than normal today. If it doesn't resolve overnight, I'll complain to the host about it.

Last edited by JamesC (2018-08-26 10:52 pm)

#32 2018-08-26 10:54 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Ok, thanks, that is good to hear,...
  I am probably going to just do fresh installs of ZB-Block, but I will read and look through the new documentation as soon as I can. Thanks

#33 2018-08-26 11:00 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Logged in with no problems now, and using my regular browser, glad that is all done now....But also now I used up my free time, and will be later or tomorrow before I do anything more on this,... thanks

#34 2018-08-27 4:18 am

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Its pretty dead from here sad

Board footer