You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-12 1:33 am

seydon
Website

Trying to change my e-mail address but get an error

As the subject says, I am trying to change the e-mail address associated with my profile as I am phasing out the old domain (eventually). I can change the e-mail, put in my current password and I do receive the confirmation e-mail, however, when I click on the link, I get a "Error: Unable to update email address, it may already be in use." message.

The e-mail I am trying to register is on a new domain I registered last week so I highly doubt I already registered that e-mail address somewhere...

On May 6th, I tried to mail the forum administrator (paul) at the address suggested after I submit the change request but didn't receive any feedback since.

How can I change the address associated with my profile?

Thanks.

#2 2017-05-12 7:29 am

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: Trying to change my e-mail address but get an error

Hi seydon

Sorry to hear of those delays. Your quickest response will possibly come if you PM pedigree.

#3 2017-05-12 9:21 am

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

I saw it and then got distracted, sorry about that.  I'll have a look at whats going on with that now

#4 2017-05-12 9:23 am

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

I'll have to look at that code and why that rejected it.  I've changed your email address now

#5 2017-06-28 2:25 am

hs6127

Hi -- Am also having problem changing email address.  Will PM pedigree.

#6 2017-11-06 5:19 pm

Leonardo

Alex Kemp wrote:

Your quickest response will possibly come if you PM pedigree.

What would you suggest this one do when I don't remember what e-mail address (I could have an e-mail address that's no longer working) that's associated to my account here without being logged in?

That affects the users ability to reset password, should one forgot that after not having visit here for a long time.

I guess creating a new account then notify the admin could solve the issue for the user, but from what I've heard some forums disallow that unless the admin(s) stated otherwise.

#7 2017-11-06 5:31 pm

sklerder
Website

Hello !

If you can post on the forum, it means you can connect on the forum, and this account is bound to your API account smile
So, if you want to change your email address, it's in your forum's profile ...

#8 2017-11-06 5:38 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

If you look at your own profile, is that e-mail address correct, and valid ?
The e-mail address in your profile is what is associated with your account, no matter
if you are logged in or not.

I guess creating a new account then notify the admin could solve the issue for the user

You would not be able to create a new account using the same user name or e-mail address, you would
need to contact pedigree, and ask him to create a new account, before, not after.
If your e-mail address is not correct, you should also be able to change it.  Yes it is important to keep
your e-mail address up to date, if you forget your password, and want to reset it, you will need to be able to receive the e-mail. 
I can see how if someone does not remember what the password is, and also does not remember the e-mai address, they would not be able to login, and thus look at their profile to see what the e-mail is. I suppose
there would be no other option, but to try to register again, and start a new account.

#9 2017-11-06 5:40 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Have you tried changing your e-mail ?  If you can not change it for some reason, let us know,.. I just recently
changed my own, so I believe it is working ok now.

#10 2017-11-06 5:53 pm

Leonardo

GarryRicketson wrote:

Have you tried changing your e-mail ?  If you can not change it for some reason, let us know,.. I just recently
changed my own, so I believe it is working ok now.

No, I haven't changed it.  I guess I was lucky to try to reset my password which worked didn't it.

#11 2017-11-06 9:49 pm

sklerder
Website

SO :

sklerder wrote:

Hello !

If you can post on the forum, it means you can connect on the forum, and this account is bound to your API account smile
So, if you want to change your email address, it's in your forum's profile ...

smile

Board footer