You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-18 1:30 pm

StapleButter

I am erroneously blacklisted.

First of all, apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I tried using the removal form, waited 24h as advised, and I'm still blacklisted, so I would like to clarify on this.

I'm not a Russian kitchen spammer -- I even run a messageboard, which I can link to if you need. I don't know if there are anti-spam measures here that restrict links for new users. The board is called Kuribo64.

I'm blacklisted because an idiot who dislikes me figured it would be witty to send a bogus spam report. I don't know if that person even owns a board or website.

Oh, by the way, my board checks registering IPs against the StopForumSpam database. I handed out the software to a friend so they could setup a board they wanted. I eventually found out I was blacklisted as I tried to join their board.

This is inconvenient as my IP appears to be static.

My IP should be visible to the board staff. I can post it if needed, but I'd rather avoid posting it in public.

My email address is: thetotalworm beep gmail boop com

Thank you.

Last edited by StapleButter (2017-04-18 1:32 pm)

#2 2017-04-18 1:42 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Re: I am erroneously blacklisted.

The removal form is the correct way to request removal. Sometimes it can take more then 24 hours, it may even be a few days.
No need to post the IP here, that is why the removal form is used, so that the details are kept
confidential. 

It is best not to post any link to your board, it probably would result in a additional listing/submission to the data base. Actually the name of the board is not even needed here.

Any way, you just need to be patient and wait to see what the results on the removal form are.
  Thank you

#3 2017-04-18 1:48 pm

StapleButter

Thank you. It's said that the process is silent, so I was worrying that my request had been rejected, but I feel better now.

#4 2017-04-18 2:05 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Yes it is "silent", all though on some occasions, the person responsible for deciding if the requset will be accepted or not, does respond to the topic, when someone posts a topic asking about this. 

There is no listing based on the IP you used here, nor the  e-mail . So either the IP and e-mail
were different , or it was removed.
It should be noted though that we do not  block anybody, if you are blocked from specific sites,
you need to contact them, to get the block white listed, we are not responsible for other site administration, and some sites may have the IP banned , due to a previous listing.
There also are many "black lists", besides Stop Forum Spam, you could still be listed on other
data bases, we are not responsible for them either.

#5 2017-04-18 2:06 pm

StapleButter

Oh right, I forgot that since I'm not posting this from home, the IP is different.

I'm sending you my home IP via PM.

#6 2017-04-21 2:38 pm

StapleButter

How long does it take these days to get a blacklist entry removed anyway? Because it's been three days and I'm still blacklisted and given no information.

I don't mean to sound rude, I genuinely want to know.

#7 2017-04-21 3:04 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

I noticed that myself, since you PM'd me the IP, I have been checking my self,
I don't know what to say really.  The person to contact is Pedigree, he has not been online the
last few days, when he does come on line he will see this thread, and also have a chance to review the form, if he has
not done so all ready.
  Sorry, I don't know what else to say at the moment.

#8 2017-04-22 4:14 pm

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Entries don't get removed if the email/IP is still active, so it could sit there forever if the IP address is still posting spam.

#9 2017-04-22 8:19 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

I have noticed it is no longer listed,   I am sure the OP will be happy to see that,
Thanks

Board footer