You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-21 3:26 pm

SunnyCA

Removal Questions

Hello guys I have a few questions that seek answers as im not very tech savy and need help

The first question is How many times are we allowed to sumbit a removal request without looking like a spammer etc? The first time I sumbitted one from my phone a few days ago I had to use a captcha in which i read it will get purged if you do use one? so Im not sure if i can go ahead and re-do it without any problems?
Second question,  my Ip says its not in your database but when i look up my information it comes up. I'm not sure if that'll get in the way of the removal process

Thanks

Last edited by SunnyCA (2017-02-21 3:27 pm)

#2 2017-02-21 4:26 pm

Maikuolan
Website

Re: Removal Questions

Best bet would be to send a private message to pedigree; He should be able to sort this out for you. :-)

#3 2017-02-21 4:55 pm

SunnyCA

Okay thank you smile

#4 2017-02-21 5:48 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

SunnyCA wrote:

my Ip says its not in your database but when i look up my information it comes up

Hi SunnyCA

If you cannot find your IP in the database in the first place then it will be impossible to remove your IP from that database; that should be self-evident.

Next obvious question:-

• Q: in that case, how come I get blocked in forums & they say this is because 'your ip is in the SFS database'?

• A: Look at this thread. Those are email domains + IP ranges that have proven to be abusive. Spam is so endemic from folks using those email domains or IPs that, now, they are blanket-banned. Another way to discover this is, for those that have obtained an API Key, to realise that a return value of "255" means that the email domain / IP Address is block-banned (see also API Usage).

Thus, if your IP, email address + username have been reported as posting spam, and that was a one-off event, then it will be possible for your record to be erased from the SFS database. However, if your email and/or IP has been block-banned (as detailed in the previous paragraph) then it will NOT be possible to erase your record, since you do not have a personal record in the first place. The advice can be only to 1) get another email address and/or 2) find another ISP.

Extra info:
emails have the following format:- “username @ domain . top-level-domain”
(A block-ban affects all emails with any username & a blocked “domain . top-level-domain”)

eg “me@gmail.com” :

• username = 'me'

• domain = 'gmail'

• top-level-domain = 'com'

#5 2017-02-21 6:56 pm

SunnyCA

Alex Kemp wrote:

(full-post quote removed by Moderator; in future please edit down to essentials)

I think I found the problem with it not being in the database.  My ISP  or IP changed from the time I was sumbitted on here . Do you have to have the same Ip in order for it to be removed? and how can I see if it was block-banned rather than posting spam? It sucks because my personal email is on here which means any future employeers will be able to see it on here which may hinder any chances of getting hired. all over getting into an argument with a moderator. *sighs*. is there a way of just removing email addresses on here in the case the ip cannot be removed?

Board footer