You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-22 9:49 pm

gazza-911

Unable to change password

Hello, I used the 'forgot password' link to gain access to my account again.

I have been able to access my account using the link provided in the email, however I wasn't able to change my password using the password shown in the email (neither can I log in with the password if I log back out and attempt to log in again).

Also, the link in the email which is supposed to direct me to the change pass area, just directs me to the main forum.

P.S I sent this an email 5 days ago but never received any response.

#2 2015-08-22 11:51 pm

sklerder
Website

Re: Unable to change password

Hi !

Perhaps are you trying whith "stopforumspam.com" (without prefixing the site with "www") instead of "www.stopforumspam.com" ?

If you managed to post, this means you can identify yourself with the given password ...

Last edited by sklerder (2015-08-22 11:52 pm)

#3 2015-08-23 2:43 pm

gazza-911

I'm definitely using www.stopforumspam.com

The link from the email automatically signs me in, however I can't use the password from the email in order to change my password (I'm trying through profile --> change password) - it always says "Wrong old password".

#4 2019-06-12 10:57 am

prodos
Website

I was confused about how to change my password also.

Finally figured it out.

Go to https://www.stopforumspam.com/forum/

Then click on "Profile".

That's where it's done.

#5 2019-06-13 4:08 am

Papa Parrot
Website

The only thing I can suggest is trying it again, pay attention to what you do, I just used the reset password option, as if I had lost my password, to see if I could duplicate it, and was not able to.
To start with, a e-mail was sent to me, and it had a generated password, and I was instructed to use that password when I logged in, which I did, and logged in fine.
Went to <profile> (at the top of the forum page) in my profile selected <change password> and it gave 2 fields,
both for entering my new password, the first field,<enter password> and then the second field <confirm password>,  if the confirm password does not match the one you put in the first field, it will reject it , and give a error.  There is no option asking for the old password, :

gazza-911>>The link from the email automatically signs me in, however I can't use the password from the email in order to change my password (I'm trying through profile --> change password) - it always says "Wrong old password".

Also the link that is in the e-mail, does not log you in, at least it did not log me in, it did take me to a page, and that is where the instruction to use the password in the e-mail to login, which is what I did.  So I don't know, something does not sound right,  you were able to log in here and post, so you should also be able to access your profile now, or next time you log in, and change your password if you wish, there is no field requiring the old password, since you are logged in, it knows you had/and used a valid "old password".
Another option, seeing that you have only posted 2 times here, you could just re-register, start a new account and it will be basically the same process, you will be sent a generated password, use it to login, the if you wish you can change the password using the user "PROFILE" option.   A bot might be confused by the 2 fields, and just assume the first field asks for the old password, I suppose someone that does not read English very well, might also be confused and assume the first field is for the old password.   Just type in your new password, in both fields, DO NOT type in a old password any where. I use copy/paste to do mine, that way there is no chance of a typo causing problems.

Board footer