You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-28 6:13 pm

brynn

Message error - how to fix?

Hi Friends,
I'm trying to post a message to ask for support, but when I Submit, I get this error message:

"Message error. Your message contains a word/phrase not permitted by users with less than 5 posts"

But it doesn't tell what word or phrase that is.  How can I fix it?

Thanks for your help.

#2 2018-01-28 8:38 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Re: Message error - how to fix?

We had to go to that to stop a lot of spam, also if you have a link with url tags this will happen.  You just need to try to re word your question,  or use process of elimination,  remove 1 line,  try posting,... when  you get the line that contains the word or phrase you will be able to post the rest, and just try to think of a way to rephrase the line you removed.
(removed 2 words )  are some of the words blocked.
==== edited ========
Did you try to post a url , link  ?

Now I get the same , similar, message, when I edit this post,

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:

Message error. Your message contains a banned word

So, I remove these 2 words,... You can use "preview", instead of post, it will tell you if it can be posted or not,...
Now the preview shows it to be ok.

Last edited by Papa Parrot (2018-01-28 10:10 pm)

#3 2018-01-28 8:46 pm

NeoFox
Website

When I was down at the fishing hole "the stream" we were streaming the stream of the NFL big game. Man that stream was one of the best streams I ever streamed while down at the stream.

(Lol.) smile big_smile

#4 2018-01-28 8:48 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

I see you did post your problem here :
https://www.stopforumspam.com/forum/vie … 648#p48648

Is that the problem you are talking about ?

#5 2018-01-28 8:51 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

@Bluesage
Read it more carefully :

"Message error. Your message contains a word/phrase not permitted by users with less than 5 posts"

But, ok, try editing the post you made, with all that (removed word)  junk and let us know what happens.  Just add any old line.

The reason I ask to try, I had originally tried to edit my post, where I mentioned the (removed word)part, and add the comment and url to the OP's other post, and I was not able to , I got the same warning, but with out the "users with less than 5 posts" part.
It can happen, even if you are not a new member with less the 5 posts, ... One just has to use logic and the process of elimination, like I said, remove 1 line, use the "preview" button , instead of submit,  if it still gives a error/warning, paste the line back, and try removing a different line, until you find the one that is causing the problem.
There , it happened again to me, just now, :

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:

Message error. Your message contains a banned word

Try again, you can see where I removed words, (removed word), until it would post.

#6 2018-01-28 10:15 pm

brynn

No, that first message posted ok.  It's another message I'm trying to post.

While I think that's asking a lot, to just try removing one line at a time and see what happens -- I did use one of the words mentioned.  So hopefully I can use a different word, and it will go through.

Cross fingers.

Out of curiosity, I wonder why spammers would use that word so consistently?  (of course I still can't post it)  I can't say I've noticed that myself.  But maybe I just didn't pay that much attention.  Or maybe you're just more of a target for spammers??

Anyway cross fingers.

Oh yay - it went through!

PS -- oh great, now I posted too soon since the last one....

Wow, 120 seconds!  My forum members complain about 60 seconds!  The problem with SMF software, is that the time limit applies to all members, not just newbies.  Ok, try again....

#7 2018-01-28 10:51 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

3 minuets is not very much, and it is a good opportunity to take some time, maybe even more then 3 min,  browse the forum, read some of the topics and threads, I think you will find many of your questions answered all ready.
Also, that is to prevent abusers,spammers,etc. from rapidly posting 5 nonsense posts, so they can the one with a url and link in it.

One should still think twice, and maybe read the rules FIRST, before posting any links, after they get the 5 posts,. If I don't think the link was necessary, I remove it.  2nd time , they get submitted to the data base as a spammer.
Usually, if we do feel we need to see the site, or need a link posted , to get details we will ask you to do that, in some cases we might also ask to PM (Private Message) the details , link , or info if need be.

Board footer