You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-20 6:04 am

paulvonlecter

Spammers' CloudFlare coverage?

Hi, guys!

I've seen the unusual using of CloudFlare last time.
I've got spammers on my sites too rarely but I can't report of them, because they have a CF IP.
Will that problem solve in the nearest future? ...at least in some miraculous way.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by paulvonlecter (2017-12-20 6:05 am)

#2 2017-12-20 2:18 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

#3 2017-12-20 2:58 pm

paulvonlecter

Re: Spammers' CloudFlare coverage?

Thank you. Of course, that's helpful but...
I'm using the SFS solution for WordPress by Keith Graham (1st on the MOD's page).
And I think about refactoring of the current code for CloudFlare compatibility, it's not good.
Do you know or can suggest something silimar solutions for WP, that's support CloudFlare?

#4 2017-12-20 3:19 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Sorry, no , maybe some one else will, I do not use word press

#5 2017-12-20 5:00 pm

Maikuolan
Website

Notified the plugin maintainer via https://github.com/bhadaway/stop-spammers/issues/42 just now. Hopefully he'll reply soon.

#6 2017-12-20 10:30 pm

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

your PHP application should natively support remapping of the x-fowarded-for and/or x-cloudflare-ip (I think that's wrong) headers, so that you get all the correct IPs in your logs and presented to your application.  This isnt a plugin fault per se, but not following the recommendations from cloudflare about how to use their infrastructure.  if you cannot control the remapping at the webserver level then you can usually handle it with a little logic in the first included (usually config.php) file in apps, grabbing the CF header and forcing it into the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] global vars

#7 2017-12-22 12:44 pm

Maikuolan
Website

Plugin maintainer has replied. A copy of this reply:

Yes, Stop Spammers is heavily reliant on IP addresses. When using Cloudflare, IPs must be restored. This has nothing to do with Stop Spammers and needs to be done anyways or any/all plugins used, anti-spam, activity logging, etc. that rely on IPs will be pretty much useless.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/secti … isitor-IPs will only be helpful if the user has a website hosted on a service where they have more complete control, which usually excludes shared hosting.

Feel free to send the user to this issue or for them to post a new issue and I'll be happy to provide one-on-one support to see if I can't help them restore IPs.

Thanks

Board footer