Legal, terms and acceptable use policy
StopForumSpam and its services are provided AS IS with no warranty or guarantees. In simple terms, if use of our services causes you to lose e-mail or similar, we can not and will not be held responsible.
We expect you to use our services responsibly. We do not mind small companies or individuals using our services. However, if you are a medium/large/enterprise company/ISP that does a considerable amount of queries, we ask that you contact us. This helps keep the service fast and responsive for everyone.
- Your use of this data and supporting software is non-commercial.
- You will not charge money for any software that utilizes the data.
- API queries are limited to 20,000 per day.
- Anything else is covered under a Creative Commons License
- Any of the above terms way be waived, at the discretion, of the copyright holder (this website).
- This API is NOT to be used as a general software firewall. Checking every incoming connection against the API will be treated as a denial of service attack against us and will result in the immediate blocking of any offending IP numbers
Important NoticeThe addition of any data to the database, without validation, is strictly prohibited. We do not allow "guilt by association", "hunches" or "spidey sense" submissions. Only validated spam will be tolerated. If in doubt, please do not submit data here.
We understand that some false data maybe submitted but false, fake and unvalidated data will result in all submissions being removed. API access maybe removed in persisent abuse.
All correspondence with StopForumSpam and it's staff members are considered a matter of record. We do not consider any correspondence to be confidential unless there is mutual agreement to conduct confidential communications.
We reserve the right to archive, publicly display, publish, and/or repost any correspondence or communication with us or with any staff member, including, but not limited to:
- Form Submissions (including removal requests)
- Postal Mail
- Voicemail (and transcripts thereof)
- Chat logs
- Newsgroup posts
- Recorded phone calls where the use of a recording device has been made known (and transcripts thereof)
- Legal Documents, regardless of how delivered
- Online comments (twitter, facebook etc)
It is our policy that messages and other communications of a threatening nature are to be publicly posted.
This is a draft policy, and while it reflects our longstanding practice, it remains a draft and not official policy.
- We will not engage in behavior that would encourage lawsuits, nor will we be discouraged from actions consistent with our purpose and policy by the possibility of legal action.
- We will not be intimidated by threatened or actual legal action.
- We will not create bad precedent by caving in to demands or settling a lawsuit in a manner that goes against our policies, purpose, or principles.
- We will strive for the utmost transparency in any legal action. We will not agree to any terms requiring confidentiality in considering any settlement.
- We will not negotiate while under the threat of legal action. Normal channels for removal do not apply while under threat of lawsuit.
- We will maintain as part our our listing policy criteria which includes threatened or actual legal action against providers enforcing anti spam policies or against any blacklists, including StopForumSpam. Such listings will not be removed while legal action is ongoing.
- We will not reply to any contact when under a legal threat.
Before you start venting any feelings, you need to read US Title Code 47,230