You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-18 5:17 pm

k04l

My IP Adresses are blocked false positive.(solved)

Hello, i tried to remove myself with the suggested method but the System says that ma IP Adress is not inside the blocking Database.

My Adresses are 109.230.210.0/24 which are destinated in Austria. i run some mail and webservers for my customers.

I am blocked within the 109.230.192.0/18 block, please check Ripe NCC for confirmation.

Can you please remove me since, some business E-Mails not reaching their destination.

Thank you
K. Mohammad

#2 2017-12-18 5:47 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Re: My IP Adresses are blocked false positive.(solved)

No, we can not do this.

We can not remove some IP block or range, if it is not listed here, there is nothing to remove.
But also this is stopforumspam, we do not have anything to do with e-mail and e-mail spam.
Also, our data base does not block any body,  who ever is blocking your e-mails is doing so because they
consider it spam, we have nothing to do with that.
After all said and done you are on the wrong forum.

#3 2017-12-18 7:14 pm

k04l

I understand that YOU or this forum is not blocking anyone of course.
Please understand that some Providers use your list to block all kind of traffic to their systems. i had a phone call with the Provider and he confirmed he is using your list to block Spam from Email and webservers, he told me to get to this forum and request a removal.

Your blacklist on 109.230.192.0/18 affects my network which is a new deligated by the RIPE NCC. (But has been used in the past 2011)

Please have a look at this ipcalc, you have listed a lot of adresses within this block of IP Adresses:

Network:   109.230.192.0/18
HostMin:    109.230.192.1
HostMax:   109.230.255.254

This is 63 different /24 Networks

i would suggest to split this /18 block, the Provider also told me he cannot do anything before you delist me.

Please be kind, i will answer if you have any further questions

Last edited by k04l (2017-12-18 8:11 pm)

#4 2017-12-18 8:42 pm

kpatz

109.230.192.0/18 is in the Toxic IP list, meaning lots of spam activity from that CIDR.

Pedigree would have to look into it, and maybe narrow down the block or remove it entirely if warranted.

That said, your provider should be able to whitelist their own users, if there's no way to do that, that's their fault, not SFS's.  That said, SFS is intended for use against forum and blog spam, not email spam.  They should use a DNS blacklist of email spammers if they want to control email spam.

Spam happens when greed meets stupidity.

#5 2017-12-18 9:22 pm

k04l

As far as i know they unblocked me already, but they seem to load your list to their firewall every 4 hours. Which is terribly wrong i know, i tried to explain to them, but the seem not to understand that this is not a Email blocklist. So i try to fix this issue with your help.

#6 2017-12-18 10:26 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

First off, thank you kpatz, that saves me some typing,...and is correct.

k04l>>Please be kind, i will answer if you have any further questions

Ok, now I understand a little better the situation, please DO NOT post any sensitive details here.

I can not do anything, but Pedigree will be interested in this, and I am sure he will be asking you
for some more information, but will ask you to send it via PM (private message).
He ( pedigree ) is very busy, it may be a few days before he gets a chance to respond to this , but
just keep checking, and when he posts, he will give you further instructions.

So i try to fix this issue with your help.

I am glad this was brought to our attention.
Thank you

============edit===========
The FAQ : https://www.stopforumspam.com/faq
says this:

We do have one golden rule, one that we take very seriously; Do not use the API as a software firewall. If you query the API whenever you serve a page then you will very quickly find your IP address thrown into the firewall.

Also:

Some people choose to deny access to new comments, post or user signups based on a single listing of any age and while some use scores and other methods to prevent the chance of blocking a legitimate user. We don’t block anyone from anything, we just provide you with the information and you use it anyway that you like. Should you do an outright block then please do consider the impact that it has on us, as details in the section above.

We provide the data but please consider the best way in which you use it.

#7 2017-12-19 12:13 am

Maikuolan
Website

I guess you already know to not do this, based on the above replies, and due to that it is this other person which is using the SFS toxic list. However, I really don't understand why people use data from SFS, which is intended to prevent forum spam, as a means to protect mail servers. SFS, as per its namesake, is intended to Stop Forum Spam, but beyond intentions, and due to the methods used for collecting data that gets entered into the SFS database, there's really not much point in using it for mail servers or similar things either. Data is actually collected from mostly either actual incidents of forum spam or from forum-based honeypots, and no data is ever collected from mail servers, so, the data wouldn't ever really apply to mail servers anyhow.

#8 2017-12-19 2:01 am

Papa Parrot
Website

k04l>>Can you please remove me since, some business E-Mails not reaching their destination.

And then,

k04l>>Please be kind, i will answer if you have any further questions

Normally we do not even permit thread / topics involving e-mail spam, and problems with e-mail, so in that
I am being nice, by letting the topic continue. Also trying very hard to be polite and nice, however culture and
language difference sometimes result in the person misunderstanding, and thinking the other is rude, that is not my intention,... any way, I am wondering about this,

k04l>>some business E-Mails not reaching their destination

Did the people or businesses,  you are sending these e-mails to , did they actually ask you to send them a e-mail, or sign up to receive e-mail from you ?
  Please answer honestly, if you were being blocked or banned from some forum , or website, I might be able
to help more, but the e-mail thing is really out of scope here,... How ever I am really trying to help, so I did
some searching for you.
  And found this, How do I stop my emails from being labeled as spam?

Ultimately, you cannot force people to receive your emails or control how they perceive when an email is being labeled as spam or junk email. You can only control those factors that may lead your domain or email as being labeled as a spam by observing the reaction to the emails that you send out. Hopefully, the information that I have provided will help you (and anyone else reading this post) in at least stopping spam being inadvertently being sent as well as providing possible solutions that will lead to successfully marketing your business through email.

Unless I e-mailed a company, and requested they send me some information, all other "marketing e-mail" goes to the spam folder, ones that persist, I submit to a different data base, as e-mail spam, but I do not use the SFS data base for this, nor for blocking or filtering the e-mail spam.
Just saying, again I am trying to be nice, but it might not appear that way, if that is the case , my apology.

#9 2017-12-19 3:09 am

Maikuolan
Website

https://bgp.he.net/AS39559#_prefixes

"AS39559 Khalid Mohammad", Austria allegedly, and "109.230.210.0/24": "ROA Signed and Invalid".

https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asn … management

INVALID
- The prefix is announced from an unauthorised AS. This means:
-- There is a ROA for this prefix for another AS, but no ROA authorising this AS; or
-- This could be a hijacking attempt
- The announcement is more specific than is allowed by the maximum length set in a ROA that matches the prefix

(Edit)

I wonder if that might be part of the reason that emails aren't being received..? Dodgy/invalid routing tables, emails being routed to/from the wrong places, something supposedly from Austria either appearing to be from Iran or ending up thereabouts or something like that..? At the least, I'd be asking my provider what's going on there, and why they've got an invalid ROA.

Last edited by Maikuolan (2017-12-19 3:12 am)

#10 2017-12-19 3:18 am

Papa Parrot
Website

Thanks, I deleted my post, I noticed that, ... The IP's I had looked at were wrong, any way, we'll just have to wait and see what Pedigree says about all of this,...How ever ,

k04l> i run some mail and webservers for my customers.

Maybe some of his customers, are doing things they shouldn't be doing as well.

kpatz>109.230.192.0/18 is in the Toxic IP list, meaning lots of spam activity from that CIDR.

The activity seems to be recent, and on going, which means there is practically 0 zero chance anything will be removed.

The providers are going to need to clean up the operation,or operations,  on their end, I think.

#11 2017-12-19 3:18 pm

k04l

Hello again, Maikuolan thank you, ROAs has been set correctly, this may take some time to be puplic visible i think. But there is no point in E-Mail flow where this is checked, i can send you my mailservers IP Adress in private so you can check they all have what E-Mail needs.

I can tell you honestly i never spammed any forums since the 1 month i own this IP Range, i run my servers for nearly 10 years now and i have no Problem no blacklisting or whatever, ever.

+ I have no Problem sending mails to all the big Email Providers
+ This IP Adresses never been from IRAN, they where German before

Waiting patently for your decision
K. Mohammad

#12 2017-12-20 10:27 pm

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

I've pulled the range from the blacklist and will look at specific subnets as the history of abuse from that larger cdir has dropped down.  The export files will regenerate shortly and wont have that address range any more. 

companies should not be using this export data for email blocking, its not the intended use, but there isn't anyway to stop misuse of the data

#13 2017-12-21 5:26 pm

k04l

Thanks for the help and Support, whish you all a merry xmas and happy holidays.

Greetings from Austria.

Board footer