You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-02 2:08 am

masterwolf
Website

Email Domain Lookup?

Is there an API to lookup the domain of an email? I know a blacklisted domain will return 255 for an email lookup, but what about a domain that is not yet blacklisted? For example, if I lookup shoes555@example.com I get 0 hits. However if I lookup the domain via http://stopforumspam.com/domain/example.com I get 300 hits. So is there an api for domain lookup?

#2 2017-04-02 2:30 am

masterwolf
Website

Re: Email Domain Lookup?

And while we're talking about the domain lookup. There is no link anywhere that I can see to the domain and IP lookup tools. Didn't know they existed until today. In addition there is no default landing page explaining usage.

None of this is a big problem for me. Its just one tool to help fight the spammers if you have the time to work on it.

#3 2017-04-02 10:58 am

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Re: Email Domain Lookup?

There isnt an API domain lookup as people would implement it as a blocking method and I would get a nonstop tirade of abuse from people blocked when they attempt to use their gmail.com email addresses.

What I can do is add another couple of text input areas to the search or maybe add a submenu/content/mouseover (etc) for search for anything or search for domain / ip etc.

Board footer