You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-26 3:49 pm

AliceAt

bulk toxic ip to my blog

I have been using Stopforumspam to check out the visits to our site. Thank you for all this info.
Is there a way to upload the list to my site to block in a bulk way the toxic ips?

What is an API used for?

thx for all your insights and help

AliceAt

#2 2016-07-26 4:27 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: bulk toxic ip to my blog

An API is an "Application Programming Interface".

You are reminded that this site is called "Stop Forum Spam". I am sorry that you are having problems with site abuse, but this site is to stop Spammers & not to stop generalised abuse. Learn how to implement & manage a Firewall if you wish to do that. Further, use of this site as your personal firewall will get you banned from this site.

#3 2016-07-27 11:51 am

zero-tolerance

Re: bulk toxic ip to my blog

AliceAt,
You've mentioned that you're new to this - you'll want to make sure you have the basics covered before launching into something more complex:
The straightforward way to stop spam with stopforumspam is to install a mod/plugin into your blog that checks the database here for you. It's not clear from what you've posted that you've discovered that.
Are you instead checking the website here manually, and assuming that to make it automatic you need to upload lists of IPs? If so, then a mod/plugin may be all you need.

If you've got that far already, then tell us more about how that's not enough. I would have thought it would be relatively unusual to have to firewall a blog.

Board footer