You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-11 10:27 am

Silver-wolf

IP adress is blacklisted

Dear all,

last week I learned, that my IP at work was blocked due to suspicion of sending spam via said IP. I don't understand why this happened. I have accessed a forum for years from this location and never encountered any problems. I have sent a request for removal.

At the moment, I do not have access to the forum I use. I was never sending anything harmful or spam-like stuff from this PC, it’s my at-work-PC. The IP is blocked in combination with an email-address I do neither know nor use it. Today I learned I can only send a removal request with the e-Mail adress which is listed. By the time in which the offence was recognized (4th of July, 18:43h-18:49h) I was not at work. Nobody else has access to this PC, and even if someone else would have used it, I would have been informed by the very next login. 

How can I delete my IP from the list of spam-distributing IPs? I need the access to the forum to accomplish my duties as a moderator. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Silver-wolf (2016-07-18 4:40 am)

#2 2016-07-11 2:45 pm

NeoFox
Website

Re: IP adress is blacklisted

Looking at the reports for that email, and the fact that its done around 2 minutes after each other, makes me think it was a manual spammer, copy and pasted. Some of those domains don't even work lol.

Did you maybe develop an enemy on that board that spoofed his IP to be like you? I don't know otherwise.

Last edited by NeoFox (2016-07-11 2:46 pm)

#3 2016-07-11 4:52 pm

Silver-wolf

I don't know where the Spam occurs. I only know that the IP adress is blacklisted and that is the reason why I can't connect to a forum.

Last edited by Silver-wolf (2016-11-12 4:53 pm)

#4 2016-07-11 6:39 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

If you are trying to get it removed from the data base here, the you should be using:
http://www.stopforumspam.com/removal
Use the removal form, and submit a request for removal.

If the forum  you are using has the IP black listed, or banned, then that needs to be done by
a forum administrator.
We can not do anything if it is being banned or blocked by the forum.

I have sent a request for removal

When did you send this, ? and Where ? It can take a few days.
==================
You need to realize though, even if and when the IP is removed from the data base,
We are not doing the "blocking", that is the forum, and they should be able to "whitelist"
the IP, so that you are not blocked.

#5 2016-07-12 4:49 am

Silver-wolf

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for your answer.

I write with the Administrator last week and she toll me that I should send a request for removal. The forum block me because the IP is listed here.

I sent the request last wednesday. I used  the link you showed in your post.

The Problem is folliwing:the IP adress is listed with an unknown email adress for me.

The following is writen on the removal request site:

Using fake email adress or an email adress that is not the email adress you wann removed,will result in the request bring cancelled.

I don't want to remove the email but I will removel the IP adress.

Last edited by Silver-wolf (2016-07-18 4:41 am)

Board footer