You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-15 8:33 pm

Micheus

How to remove the SFS plugin completly?

How can I remove the SFS settings from the Preferences options (Stop Forum Spam Check)?

I uninstalled the plugin using the proper option in the Plugin management page but I still get its options available. (the reason for uninstall it was reported here)
Bellow you can see in the right side that the plugin is no longer installed, but its preferences is still "plugged":

SFD_zpsqkqmj0a1.png

Thanks in advanced
Micheus

#2 2015-05-15 8:49 pm

NeoFox
Website

Re: How to remove the SFS plugin completly?

Micheus wrote:

How can I remove the SFS settings from the Preferences options (Stop Forum Spam Check)?

I uninstalled the plugin using the proper option in the Plugin management page but I still get its options available. (the reason for uninstall it was reported here)
Bellow you can see in the right side that the plugin is no longer installed, but its preferences is still "plugged":

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w578/Micheus/SFD_zpsqkqmj0a1.png

Thanks in advanced
Micheus

I had that same exact issue in SMF with regards to their youtube video mod. It has to deal with your english language (and others) template.

Although that english template still has the text for the mod, the functionality and hooks are all gone from the software.

EDIT: I believe it's this file you have to look thru and just erase all the lines that pertains to the mod:

Themes/default/languages/Admin.english.php

Tried using google translate for portugese if that helps lol.

Os seus arquivos de linguagem de administração tem todo o texto ainda nele. Você precisa passar por modelo padrão (e outros) para localizar o modelo de administração que ainda tem o texto para o mod. Verifique o arquivo que eu escrevi acima.

Edit: otherwise I would try these files:

Themes/default/languages/index.english.php
Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Last edited by NeoFox (2015-05-15 8:56 pm)

#3 2015-05-15 9:00 pm

NeoFox
Website

I found it.

I downloaded the mod and looked for you. These are the files you want

/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

In addition to whatever language you have so Modifications.[language].php

Search for these 2 lines and delete them and everything between them:

//	MOD Stop Spammer - START
//	MOD Stop Spammer - END

Last edited by NeoFox (2015-05-15 9:01 pm)

#4 2015-05-15 11:48 pm

Micheus

BlueSage, thanks for spend your time researching these informations for me. (no problem with english, anyway, thanks by the translation smile)

Our forum is all in English, so it doesn't make sense the problem be related to the language.
I looked for the file and even for the content you pointed (inside any file under the root dir) and I was not able to find it.
It seems like something that was added to MyBB database (maybe) - I still need to check it.
As soon I fix the problem I comeback here. smile

Thanks again

#5 2015-05-16 1:14 am

NeoFox
Website

Micheus wrote:

BlueSage, thanks for spend your time researching these informations for me. (no problem with english, anyway, thanks by the translation smile)

Our forum is all in English, so it doesn't make sense the problem be related to the language.
I looked for the file and even for the content you pointed (inside any file under the root dir) and I was not able to find it.
It seems like something that was added to MyBB database (maybe) - I still need to check it.
As soon I fix the problem I comeback here. smile

Thanks again

Oh MyBB. When I saw "SFS" on your post I thought SMF nevermind lol.

EDIT: OK I looked at the download and there's only 2 files so it fully hooks into both files. Are the stopforumspam files themselves removed from your plugin directory? You could also look at this file to see a culprit maybe:

sfs_log.php

Last edited by NeoFox (2015-05-16 1:19 am)

#6 2015-05-16 6:06 am

Papa Parrot
Website

Oh MyBB. When I saw "SFS" on your post I thought SMF nevermind lol.

I was wondering about that, the screenshots sure didn't look like any SMF forum I have seen smile

#7 2015-05-17 2:52 am

Papa Parrot
Website

Does this help ?
Remove the files which you have added recently to inc/plugins

Create a PHP file for your plugin at inc/plugins and name it according to the above, for example inc/plugins/myplugin.php.

Ok, seems to me, you should be able to find the SFSplugin, in inc/plugins/ and remove it.
This has more details,
http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/development/plugins/
I am assuming you have either some kind of file manager or even better sftp and ssh access to your site.
This would be the easiest way to remove the directories and files that are the plugin.

#8 2016-01-29 10:10 pm

Micheus

Sorry guys for long time without a feedback. neutral

I rechecked the entire directory looking for the files and also I used a grep tool to look into the files. Nothing found.

So I took a look in the source code and found the place were I should to look into the MyBB database:

function stopforumspam_uninstall()
{
    global $db, $mybb, $lang;
    $db->delete_query('settings', "name IN ('sp_check','sp_confidence','sp_log','sp_fail')");
    $db->delete_query('settinggroups', "name = 'stopforumspam'");
    rebuild_settings();
}

So, after I delete the records in those two tables I got my board settings fixed.

Thanks
Micheus

#9 2016-05-06 1:41 pm

DanielGarneau

There now (May 2016) is a Stop Forum Spam Configuration Item included into the core of MyBB, current version: 1.8.7. There are 10 settings that can easily all be set to off, if someone does not want to use it.

Daniel Garneau

Board footer