You are not logged in.

#51 2015-04-05 11:45 pm

alphawave7

Re: captcha changes to search

Ditto here as well, a new Captcha challenge with every manual lookup (I rely on the phpBB plugin for the real duty). Problem is I surf on my Chromebook using a VPN most of the time, and have no way to control the public IP's they use. Would prefer a sign-in/member solution, please. Cheers!

edit: slow learner I guess..just ran my own VPN public IP and sure enough I'm a heavy spammer! wink Anyway, a more member-friendly option would be appreciated!

Last edited by alphawave7 (2015-04-05 11:57 pm)

#52 2015-05-18 8:31 pm

BassNotes
Website

I'm a registered SFS user and have even sent monetary donations to help support what this site does. I run manual searches, and sometimes I don't get the FunCaptcha for a while, then I get it with every search, which is quite a drag.

My browser is FireFox 37.0.2, and my IP is 64.58.158.19. Is there something I can do to reduce it to maybe one per hour? Thanks.

#53 2015-05-18 11:56 pm

NeoFox
Website

BassNotes wrote:

I'm a registered SFS user and have even sent monetary donations to help support what this site does. I run manual searches, and sometimes I don't get the FunCaptcha for a while, then I get it with every search, which is quite a drag.

My browser is FireFox 37.0.2, and my IP is 64.58.158.19. Is there something I can do to reduce it to maybe one per hour? Thanks.

Please note that this is a public part of the forum and if I could, I would personally discourage you from displaying any type of personal info...save that for the members forum or PM's.

Last edited by NeoFox (2015-05-18 11:58 pm)

#54 2015-05-19 4:04 am

Papa Parrot
Website

pedigree wrote:

Post up your IP so that we can have a look

chrishicks wrote:

2015-03-17 4:44 am

Thanks for the reply. It's 68.37.131.111.

A little was back in this thread, Pedigree asks, chrishicks to post his IP, I can see how the OP might think they needed to post the IP, however it is not really needed, many people might not want to include their IP in a posthere, it is available ,readable by the public, if the OP wants to edit his/her post and remove it, that is fine.
As to the question

Is there something I can do to reduce it to maybe one per hour?

Do you "logout" after each search ? I stay logged in, all the time, and have never noticed this, I got the "fun captcha" once, and now it has been quite a while, I have not gotten it again,  I am guessing, but if you are going to be doing many searches, try staying logged in, until you finish.
Pedigree is the only one as far as I know that can do anything with this, if anything can be done. Maybe it has something to do with firefox, I use "Iceweasle", and like I said , have never had this problem with the captcha.

#55 2015-05-27 12:00 am

romad

Well, I got hit with it again - twice in a row!

I had 3 items I wanted to check:

# 1 Had to jump thru the hoop but I was declared to be OK so I finished #1 and went to check #2.
# 2 Had to jump thru the hoop AGAIN, but was declared to be OK so I finished and proceeded to check #3.
# 3 Well what do you know, the system decided to believe the results of #1 & #2 hoop jumping!

Board footer