You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-28 6:15 am

sfsali

Why didn't SFS block spammer

Hi,

An hour ago a spammer registered and posted a thread. I can see him on "My Spammers" page.

But he was able to register successfully so I was wondering why? Could it be because although his email is the same as spammer one but his IP was IPv6 instead of IPv4?

Is there a log available where I can see more detail about confidence score etc.!? I am new to these things.

Thanks

#2 2018-01-28 1:39 pm

kpatz

Re: Why didn't SFS block spammer

What forum software and SFS plugin are you using?  There should be logging within the plugin somewhere if it's well written.

Is it configured to block on a matching email address?  What is the minimum confidence score it's set to block on?

Spam happens when greed meets stupidity.

#3 2018-01-28 3:40 pm

sfsali

Re: Why didn't SFS block spammer

Ok now I understand it a little better. "My Spammers" page shows those users who are reported as spam by me. So they started showing after I submitted them as spam and I thought they were already there.

I am using mybb and confidence score is 50

Yes it is configured to check email address.I can see more entries in spam log which means SFS is working as those users were not able to register so may be that particular user was able to register because his score was less than 50.

Board footer