You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-04 9:59 pm

joan627

wordpress

I have a wordpress site, I am new at this...
and have installed a widget 'mailpoet' to do email registration and to automate sending my posts. I have also played with 'mailchimp' free version but mailpoet does what I want easier.

Question: how do I incorporate your list into my registration form?  Is there a widget or something?

#2 2017-04-05 6:50 am

Maikuolan
Website

Re: wordpress

Although I don't see anything for MailChimp in the list unfortunately, there's a list of available mods and plugins for Stop Forum Spam integration available here: http://www.stopforumspam.com/mods

There was a vaguely similar discussion in the past, available here: http://www.stopforumspam.com/forum/view … ?pid=43989

Unfortunately, that discussion in the past also didn't mention any specific plugins or mods.

With that in mind, I'm not sure if such a plugin or mod exists. Not saying that it doesn't; It very well might exist.. But if it does, I'm not personally aware of it.

If you're savvy with the inner workings of MailChimp and don't mind doing a bit of coding, it's possible that you might be able to come up with something yourself. If you're interested in taking this path, the Stop Forum Spam API is well-documented; Documentation is available here: http://www.stopforumspam.com/usage

Edit: There's a "mod" mentioned in the above-linked list related to WordPress, plus numerous others listed at the official WordPress plugins directory. Must've been a bit distracted at the time when writing my previous reply; Sorry about that. Saw "MailChimp" mentioned and didn't pay much attention to "WordPress" being mentioned. Anyhow.. Definitely, there are solutions which could be used for your situation. Also, in regards to my earlier paragraph about if you "don't mind doing a bit of coding": As far as WordPress goes, it's better to avoid modifying the core of the package itself, and instead, to work via plugins. Changes made to the core can be overwritten when updating.

Last edited by Maikuolan (2017-04-05 1:30 pm)

#3 2017-04-05 9:00 am

chrishirst
Website

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, .... But hey! Who cares.

#4 2017-04-05 9:16 am

Alex Kemp
Website

For others that pick up this thread due to WordPress mentions, these are the basic requirements to *send* reports to SFS:–

There are 3 *required* pieces of information when reporting a spammer to SFS, with a 4th *advised*:–

1. IP Address

2. Email address (qualified - which means that you know it to be accurate)

3. Username

4. Evidence (eg text of the spam)

Extra bits:–

• Read the FAQ first

• Your web-server knows what the spammers IP-Address is, but you need to be careful to pick that up correctly as otherwise you may find yourself reporting local-net addresses (eg 127.0.0.0/8) & get your SFS registration banned

• Cloudflare has specific requirements to report a spammer IP Address correctly

• The normal method to *qualify* email is with a posted url-check
    (send an email with a URL to click on, thus qualifying that address)

Board footer