You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-20 9:47 pm

Web Dog

What benefit do foreign language spams have to spammers?

I am an English speaking American(USA), have a couple of Wordpress sites, and I block all spammers, but it seems like all the spams have been written in either Russian or an Asian alphabet.

I know these are likely non-human "robots" or whatever spamming but what benefit is it to spam a English speaking site with information or ads that people on my website can't read? Are they just "throwing out a wide net" to Russians and certain Asians and my site is "collaterally" spammed? Is there a benefit to spammers somehow if I allowed(didn't block) their posts?  Would their information get caught up in search engines somehow to benefit the spammers in some way?

In other words, the obvious benefit of spamming is having me click on their links and buy something or simply get name brand awareness by seeing the products they list BUT is their something beyond that they are getting from the spamming that I or most people are not aware of?

#2 2016-04-21 12:18 am

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: What benefit do foreign language spams have to spammers?

Hi Web Dog, welcome to SFS

The spammers are almost entirely uninterested in folks buying anything directly from their spams. Their business is boosting sites in the Google SERPs. End of story.

#3 2016-04-21 3:53 am

Web Dog

Re: What benefit do foreign language spams have to spammers?

Thanks, Alex.

Board footer