You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-09 10:55 am

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

PLEASE READ FIRST : Before you post

As these questions are asked continually and are answered continually, I'm going to put them here in hope  that people find the answer without having to ask again.   More will be added in the future

1. I've registered a couple of API Key for different sites. Is it OK to submit spammer of one site using the key of another site?

Yes.  The key separation is there purely for you to see how you are submitting data.

2. What do you put in the "Evidence" form? Would a copy of the spammers post be OK?

Yes, this is ideal.

3. If I create another website that is totally unconnected with the first, do I need to register a new API key (and if so under the same or new forum account) or just carry on using the same API key?

This is entirely up you.  If you would like to use one API key or 20 keys, how you submit to them is up to you.  Behind the scenes, we see them as being from a single submitter but provide a way to show you the break down of the spam submissions from each site, should you want to use it.

From previous experience, its easier to manage it from a single forum login and we don't/can't support splitting and merging accounts (etc)

#2 2018-07-06 6:39 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Re: PLEASE READ FIRST : Before you post

DO NOT post anything with a link or URL to your website or forum. If we need that we will ask for it.
Posts with a url to a website will be treated as spam and removed. Also the poster will be added to
the database.
=========

We get a lot of registrations where they use a e-mail address, Please be advised:

" Do not use a e-mail address for a user name"
Since all e-mail addresses contain a domain name, technically that violates the rules

DO NOT REGISTER AN ACCOUNT USERNAME THAT REPRESENTS A DOMAIN

Any registrations that use a e-mail address for the user name will be banned and the username
changed. In most cases, the first name will be left as the username, so if someone registers, and
uses a e-mail address as the username, they can still login using just the name.
Example: Bad user name, anyusername@anyemail.com, would be changed to just: anyusername
In the event that the name is all ready being used, the person trying to register will just have to register again,
using any username that complies with the rules,and is NOT a e-mail address.

Board footer