You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-09 10:20 am

Steve

Bulk Uploads

I think its great that we can submit spammer information to here - it should build up into a good solid list of spammers.

What would be good would be a bulk upload feature.

If it could be set up that we provide our API key and can then provide a CSV file of the name,email address and IP then it would be much easier. I have come in some mornings and found over 50 or 60 spam registration attemps.

Steve

#2 2007-12-10 4:01 am

Russ

Re: Bulk Uploads

It's on the list of things to do and I think it would help make things easier if you have a lot of submissions.

#3 2008-03-20 3:55 pm

Father Luke

Russ wrote:

it would help make things easier if you have a lot of submissions.

I counted nearly 78 in about two days.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

#4 2008-03-27 5:06 pm

wolverinespedia

Russ wrote:

It's on the list of things to do and I think it would help make things easier if you have a lot of submissions.

Good, I was getting about 20-30 a day that were getting passed the confirm email address part.  Then I added all the @email.com from your spam list to my ban list and that has cut it back to about ten a day.  Most are now gmail addresss.  Google needs to jump on that.

Last edited by wolverinespedia (2008-03-27 5:12 pm)

#5 2008-03-30 3:20 am

Russ

I haven't forgotten about this yet, it's still on my to do list.

#6 2008-04-04 12:22 pm

the123king

I have a Modified version od the AntiSpam ACP that submits the contents of the Spam Log in 2 clicks, which can be a lot of spammers if i havn't cleaned it out recently... :s

in a way, if you have a method like that on your forum, you can have a built-in Mass-Spammer submission system that doesn't take that much effort to submit the info.

If your board runs PHPBB2 i'll send you a (my modified) copy of the AntiSpam ACP which also has IP lookup and E-mail lookup linked to this site. (Just added 5 mins before typing this post up, works a treat big_smile )

#7 2008-04-04 12:42 pm

Russ

Can you send it to me? If you like, I can add it to the downloads page and give you credit for writing it.

#8 2008-04-04 12:47 pm

the123king

Well, since i didn't write the AntiSpam ACP, i wouldn't like to get credited for writing that, but i'll happily send you a copy of my modified version once i have the API key configuration added.

EDIT: It's all done and ready to send to you. I want to get the original writer's permission first.

BTW, i havn't tested installing it yet, but everything should work. I'm only a tad sceptical about the API key field in the MySQL database...

Last edited by the123king (2008-04-04 3:47 pm)

#9 2008-04-05 10:02 am

the123king

Ok, i've been given permission by the writer, so i'll send you it later. I'll slap together some documentation for it and send it to you when i get home after work later on.

#10 2008-04-25 4:47 am

boblarson

I wish there was a bulk upload feature too.  I currently have a database of 2,002 banned registrations and would love to add them but it would take a lot of time to go do them.

#11 2008-04-27 7:37 am

Ax Slinger
Website

I've been doing mine a few at a time. But I only had about 200 to start with. I would imagine that 2000 would take some time. But by all means, add some of them. Because some is better than none. big_smile

I only like Spam if it is Deep Fried and served with Cheese.
But only once every six months or so.

#12 2009-01-27 8:37 am

Father Luke

Ever get a bulk uploader going?

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

#13 2016-11-09 4:12 pm

chrishirst
Website

This thread is almost dead so I'll throw it a life line smile

This is a bash script I use almost daily to run bulk uploads.

#! /bin/bash

while IFS=',' read -r username usermail userip
do
  curl -s --data "username=$username&email=$usermail&ip=$userip&api_key=YOUR-API-GOES-HERE&fromform=1" http://stopforumspam.com/add > /dev/null
  echo -e "$username,$usermail,$userip" >> /data/working/stop-forum-spam/added
done </data/working/stop-forum-spam/to-add
truncate --size 0 /data/working/stop-forum-spam/to-add

Written for Linux bash shell, though it should run on CygWin. I have not tested because I don't have a M$ Windows box to play with.

Put your spammers, one per line, into a comma separated (CSV) text file in this order;

spammer name,spammer email,spammer ipaddress

To use the script:

Change the file names and locations to suit your system and put your API into the curl line

"/data/working/stop-forum-spam/to-add", is the input CSV

"/data/working/stop-forum-spam/added" is an archive of all uploaded spammers

This uploads the CSV list, writes to the archive then empties the CSV ready for your next batch.

When you have created the script file set it as executable with;

chmod +x path/filename

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, .... But hey! Who cares.

Board footer