You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-12 2:36 pm

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Attention Word Press users

Attention WordPress Users

We have become aware of a module for WordPress that is abusing what we provide here for free.

The "AVH First Defense Against Spam" (versions 2.2 as below) plugin is the sole abuser on this website in checking every connection before any content is served.

This website is here to provide access to IP/username and email information for when users register or post messages/comments and NOT as a general IP firewall.

If you use this module and your servers IP number starts to appear in our daily top 20 API users, then you can expect to find your servers IP banned. This will slow your blog and webserver down as it attempts to connect to the API

You must update to 2.3.2 ASAP.

#2 2009-12-12 6:21 pm

zaphod
Jägermonster
Website

Re: Attention Word Press users

I hate to try to make lemonade out of lemons, but if any of you reading this above warning fall into the category of WordPress users that have installed the offending mod, you can remove it, and then come to my site and get ZB Block.

Install it, use the Joomla/WordPress compatibility file (rename to compatibility.inc), and your protection will continue, but it will only then check on attempts to post or log-in.

Also, protection from other kinds of attacks will increase.

Zaphod

Get Protected, Stay Protected...
With ZB Block, GNU/GPL Freeware Anti-Spam/Anti-Hack protection for your php based website.

Little boxes in the server farm, little boxes running php...

#3 2009-12-13 8:05 pm

pedigree

The author of the mod has released a short term interim fix that disables access to stopforumspam.  Its not ideal but hes working on a better solution and its better than finding yourself banned from here forever as well.

#4 2010-01-20 2:11 pm

Mrwilson
Website

OMG and I just posted a link to it.  Sheesh, pls delete my post

Hooked on ZB Block

#5 2010-01-20 3:14 pm

pedigree

he has since updated the mod and its working fine so youre all ok smile

Board footer